Welcome to our forums! Please Introduce Yourself

Hello Everyone!

I’m Zach from Canada. I’m currently studying “Dévelopement en Technologies Web” at a College in Montreal. I’m excited to be switching careers into Tech and am currently in the “Front End Engineer”- Career Pathway. I’ve also completed the learn Python3 and learn Javascript courses. I find the courses on Codecademy are very well crafted and hands on which is much more practical than theory in my experience.

I love trying to figure out solutions to complex problems and very much look forward to the future, being able to do so!

Wishing you well on your coding journey :slight_smile:

Cheers, Zach.

4 Likes

Hey, my name is Niels. I have been coding for almost a year now and started with my schooling to software developer. I have been working as a landscaper before this. Nice to meet all of you

3 Likes

Hi there,
My name is Liz. I am just starting out on the Full Stack Engineer course. I am returning to coding after a nearly 20 year break as I studied tech back at uni. I have been a stay at home parent for the last few years and I am hoping to have a career change so I can pursue a more rewarding career in web dev.
thanks to all who contribute in the forums as it has been really helpful so far

4 Likes

Hello! My name is Ashley and a mother of 2. I am finally listing to my dad’s advice (he gave me 13 years ago, and I did not listen) and looking to learn web design and coding. I am not exactly sure where to begin, but I am very excited to start! I have been a Medical Assistant for 10+ years. I love this field, but I can’t raise my kids on this salary. And I have been wanting to do this for years, but been too scared to make the change. Its very nice to meet you all! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Hello all! I am a US Navy and Air Force veteran. I’m also an out of practice electrical and nuclear engineer. I look forward to learning from this community. I’m enrolled in the computer science, data science, and full stack engineer pro tracks because I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. Wish me luck

3 Likes

Heyy guys!!!

My name is Chenilyn. I am just beginning my journey towards Front-End Engineering. So far I am struggling in staying consistent especially with the fact that I absolutely have no idea what I am doing. The last time I resumed my course was about a month and a half ago. I am here because I wanted to explore the field of computer science and find a desirable career for myself. The first time I ventured into the coding world, I was in 7th grade learning from Khan Academy. I have always wanted to learn more about creating websites and apps therefore, I started CodeAcademy.

6 Likes

Hello everyone! I’m Andrew.
I’m a new student of code academy. I’m on track to become a software engineer. I’m very excited to get started and to meet others in this amazing profession! Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

5 Likes

Hello everyone, my name is Chris.
I am from SWVA but have lived in Denver and Southern Oregon as well. I learned HTML and some basic coding back in high school about 10 years or so ago. I decided to get back into it and refresh myself in HTML. Want to learn some Javascript and some other languages as well. I am very interested into the cryptocurrency world and would love to be able to build a coin myself one day.

Also I am a producer in the music world.

5 Likes

Hello Everyone!

My name is Ryan, and I have been studying Python, SQL, and a little bit of HTML/CSS/JS as well for the past 8 months. I’m currently working for the local railroad, but am in search of a career change due to not-so-great compensation, terrible hours and also being at the end of a bit of a dead end track. It’s definitely not a family friendly job!

However, that is definitely not the only reason that programming caught my eye. If I could go back to being freshly 18 and out of high school, I would have chosen to go to school for Computer Science. In fact, about 5 years ago I was taking night classes at the local community college for computer science, when I ended up getting the railroad job. TL;DR, I have always wanted to be a programmed, but I was distracted by temporarily satisfying jobs and not thinking of my future right after high school!

So here I am, at 30 years old, diving headfirst into the world of self-taught programming. I have a friend who is in the field with 8+ years of experience, acting as a bit of a mentor and answering lots of questions for me.

My ideal situation would be to get hired as a junior developed within the next year or so. I have a few Cloud Development certifications so far, a few Python projects under my belt on my Github, and ready to continue to push myself to learn. I’m excited to be here with Codecademy, and looking forward to what appears to be an excellent community!

7 Likes

Hello, I’m Sarah and I’m trying to get a job in the tech industry.
I’m not sure where I want to be but I just completed my first HTML class and am moving into a front-end engineer course. Wish me luck!

6 Likes

I’m Michael, and I’m completely new to actual coding as of yesterday; I’ve got experience working with software, but virtually none in the actual inner workings of programs.
I’m currently a professional musician looking to learn some tech skills and broaden my horizons.
I’m interested in breaking into the field in a small IT position or something similar, but I wanted to get a feel for the inner workings of programs before I move into something prematurely.

3 Likes

Hello everyone, my name is Marjonni (He/Him), don’t worry my name is hard to pronounce at first haha. I am currently looking into enhancing my career path towards Software Development, trying to find the most comfortable spot to learn from.

I am currently an Analyst for VSP insurance. I love innovation, I was apart of the innovation team for a 3 month project and was inspired to do more with my career path.

I am always looking to learn something new and coding is for sure at the highest on my list to learn and make it a permanent career choice.

Happy to be here.

-M

2 Likes

Hello, I am Valério, I program since I was a kid but due to circunstances never got into the programming industry. I code since 10 yo, started on BASIC for an old commodore 64, moved for some pascal, but really went for C/C++, my favorite languages.

I am here to consolidate my knowlege, while trying to get a job in programming, that was always a dream I had to put back. If I can’t, no matter, I just enjoy doing it.

Glad to be here.

• Valério
2 Likes

Hi guys!
I’m 37 years old and I’m from Spain. I work as IT support but I’d like a change. I just started the Front-End Engineer Path and I’m loooving it! Sometimes I get really frustrated and think that I’m too old to be doing this, but for the first time (in my life!) I’m doing something that I’m really enjoying! So hopefully, I’ll become a developer! The learning system in Codecademy is fantastic, it’s been really helpful!
Cheers!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey Everyone!

My Name is Luis and I am a 28 year old Pharmaceutical Manager here in Boston. I love medicine, science, and engineering but do see computers and technology as the future for so many industries. I myself have used SQL to better our manufacturing and quality outputs by sourcing data and having the data work for us.

Seeing this pattern got me excited to learning coding, and the child engineer inside of me that loves legos is ready to get things going.

I wish you guys all a good start to your journey, and would love to connect with anybody looking to work through this. Best of Luck!!

Luis

2 Likes

Hello, my name is Christa Sloan! I loved the forum introduction and getting a certificate that I learned how to use the forums! :slight_smile: I’m very excited to get started. I took the quiz and got User Advocate result!

2 Likes
  • Who are you?
    Hi! I’m Kole! I’m a master’s student studying bioinformatics. I am brushing up some programming skills here.
  • What is your industry and profession? I’m a scientist in academia!
  • Where do you plan to use your new coding skills? Personally/professionally?
    I hope to use my skills professionally to cary out some biomedical research.
2 Likes

Hi, my name is Holly and I’m an MBA student that works in the insurance industry. I’m excited to start learning about coding to help me progress in my career and learn some new skills.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Gyurka, living in the Netherlands. I work as a freelancer helping (freelance) journalists with self-publishing online from hosting sites to helping them with online payments. I also work with media organizations on their SEO, online revenue models and so forth. Most of my work is with the Dutch version of a business news site.

I studies Computer Science ages ago, never finished it, but all that knowledge helped me in my job quite a bit, of course. My programming skills however are based on those early years and just gathering bits and pieces here and there. When helping others with their sites I often feel that I could support them even better if my knowledge was less fragmented, so that’s why I’m here.

Starting off with JavaScript to maake sense of the online ad landscape!

2 Likes

Hi, I am Michaela,

I started to learn coding with Codecademy 1.5 years ago. I finished a HTML and CSS course in 2 months and then didn’t touch it for another year because my son was born.

I was sure I want to use and develop my new skills so when my son was 9 months I decided to make a website for my mom’s business. I was relieved that I didn’t forget everything, on the contrary I discovered how searching for answers is a key skill in programming.

I love it and still want to work on my skillset. I have just finished JavaScript basics and I am looking forward to learn more! :slight_smile:

Michaela

4 Likes