Welcome to our forums! Please Introduce Yourself

Hi my name is Candy Wormdahl
I am working on the front end development class, I love it and am anxious to finish and get a job
I work with computers in several jobs and ran some large ones … now I am learning my dream job
lots of things happen and I couldn’t go to school but now I finally got my dream
I study hard everyday I think it is going good I want to be a developer

2 Likes

Hi! My name is Melody. I am in the process of reconverting from teaching English and Music to Web Development. Once I have acquired my coding skills, I plan to work in a company as part of a team to get experience before moving into freelance and working from home!! I also look forward to the geographical freedom that will bring in a few years I hope.

I completed the free version of the JavaScript beginners course and just bought Pro today so that I could do the projects associated with it. I’m planning on pursing the FullStack Developer path. I love the videos and real life examples. I love that you can save your work to look back at again later and it’s so nice to see such helpful answers on the forums.

I recently became a mother and after many months of taking care of baby, it feels so good to stretch my mental muscles and challenge myself to learn something new!

2 Likes

Hey!
I am currently in the medical field and after 10 years am very burnt out. When I first went to college at 18 I had wanted to go to school for computer science and was dissuaded. I would love to change career paths and not feel stuck anymore!
T

1 Like

Hello people, Godfred here from Ghana! I have absolutely no coding experience but I find it interesting so I started with front-end web development and so far it’s been quite the journey. Thank you codecademy for this solid solid content. And to all the programming gods on here, please help a brother out with some vital things too look out for in FED!

1 Like

Hello,My name is Robbie,and first of all I would like to mention how much I am enjoying learning on Codecademy.

My goal is to learn to do game design and devlopment,and it was recommended to me by someone in my personal life that I started with python,so I have already begun with the “Learn python 3” course and so far I find it really easy to learn.

When it came down to it,I did think about college courses,but then found Codecademy,and decided this was a better way to go then college. Less expensive for the pro membership here than college tuition,textbook,etc,and none of the hassle of having to take other unrelated college courses just because the school “requires them” for graduation.

All in all I find this to be a great place to learn and look forward to learning with everyone.

1 Like

Hello Every one my name is Jose Cerna, I look forward to working with many of you. My hope is to learn as much as possible and breach the coding market as a full stack developer. I currently work in law enforcement and I am looking to learn this as a backup plan and essentially getting out of the law public sector. I plan to use my new adopted skills to lead and guide those under my guidance.

1 Like

Hi everyone! My name is Hannah. I am a painter and have been working in hospitality for a the last decade and need to switch it up. I have been kind of trapped in tutorial ■■■■ with my programming journey and am looking to move upward and onward! I want to learn practical skills however am interested in the overlap between arts and programming. Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have written an introduction before but here is it again

my name is Candy Wormdahl I live in Oregon and love coding be great to meet ya all and code with ya I am excited to get a job doing this I am in the full stack class. I am currently not working just going to school I am married got 3 children that have their families … I have loved coding for a long time and have done some things but not professionally I guess now I am on that path … yeah … I wish you all a great fall day!!!

1 Like

I’m Omar!
I’m jack of all trades - I know everything… but master of none.
My industry: IT + ecommerce.
I want to use my coding skills to develop code to sell online - so like code snippets or WP themes for example + seriously consider jumping back into getting a full time job.

Now considering if I should take advantage of 40% off offer from Codecademy :thinking:
My thinking: free can be the absolute worse thing in the world.
If I spend a small amount… then I need to be serious and committed?

2 Likes

Hi everyone!

My name is Tyler, I work early mornings doing dispatch/weight and balance for planes for UPS at the airport, and spend the rest of my day wrangling my 3 kiddos. Lately I’ve been feeling like my job is going nowhere, I have been wanting to learn coding since I was 13, even briefly went to college, but life gets in the way. I finally decided to stop putting it off and do something I’ve always wanted to do!

My long-term goal is to get certified in Web Development and switch careers to something I enjoy.

2 Likes

Hi everyone!
somethings about me: 15, love learning about anything related to computers, but am particularly interested in machine learning and web development. as of right now I’m learning front end websites in an attempt to try and start freelancing so I don’t have to work at kroger anymore xD. one of the reasons I even started trying to learn how to program was I figured I had no valuable skills that could benefit me professionally, so I figured I’d pick up something I didn’t completely distain.

2 Likes

Hey People!

I am Marco, a Flight Attendant from Europe. I have a Bachelor Degree in Business Information-Technology, which I completed parallel to working Full-time. I am now looking to gain a little practical experience in information technology, to backup the theoretical concepts i learned at university. Finally this should to swapping my job, for one in which i can stay at home more often, than as a flight attendant.
Currently I am working on the basic computer science career path, but I also wann sneak into other topics over the time, which they will be, i do not know yet.

Cheers to learning something new yet again. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello! My name is Laura. I am currently working as a jeweler and am learning coding at night in hopes to facilitate a more rewarding career as soon as possible! I’m currently learning HTML and CSS with JavaScript right around the corner.

1 Like

Hello forum,
I am Mauricio Guerra, 39, biologist and farmer in the Colombian caribbean. I plan to use my coding skills on either up my game in data analysis, and/or join the web and computers development.
As a community member I can offer a place to visit in the caribbean coast of Colombia, near Tayrona national park as an exotic place to code and enjoy the sun and the jungle and the ocean. Spanish/English
DM welcome

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

My name is Marcus. I’m located in Copenhagen, Denmark and I’m 26 years old. I’ve got a “multimediadesign” degree which is a very broad degree covering design processes, graphic design, UI & UX, code and so forth. The education was an introduction to the web world which i’ve spent plenty of my time on so far. I’ve always been playing computer games and been fascinated about computers so therefore I think it’s the right path for me.

Currently I’m working for a company associated within the aviation industry but I’m very much burning to become a web developer as a start. So i’ve chosen to make the jump and start the Career Path Front End Engineer course. I hope that it’ll give me the right setup to seek a new job within that space.

I wish everyone of you good luck on your learning journey :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi everyone,
My name is Fiora, I’m located in Philippines, I’m 20 years old. I am currently a college student and taking up education course major in general science, I came here to learn about the basics of coding/programming languages. I know my course isn’t related here but I love playing games and learning new things about the advent of technology. But I don’t know how these things work till I graduated at my elementary days and learning about the programming word and learning to use computer, then that started my journey on thirst of knowledge about things(technology) work.
I wish I could contribute here if I ever understand really well and learn well by this journey.
May God bless you all in here and always keep yourselves safe for the virus is still out there :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Everyone!
I am Matthew, a 14 year old Ugandan.
I am a new entrant
Studying from home has made me take a course here over the web (codecademy to be specific) and it is going well.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone!

I’m Chris, based in Germany and used to work in Event and Music Industry. Due to Corona its unfortunately not that easy to work and live from that profession anymore, so I’m looking to find something else, which I’m really interested in and ended here.

With the new skills I want to create a new business in Germany, to support people with creating Websites and Webapps.

I wish all of you much success and lots of fun while learning!

Cheers!

Chris

3 Likes

Hi I’m Luca, from Italy actually based in Perù,
i’m interested to change my career and learn new skills, i want to become web developer and create my own business.
i wish all the best and happy learning!

3 Likes

Hello, Namaste!

I’m a 30 yr old female who just started learning to code this past month. I was an HR professional before I switched to seeking a career in coding. I’m at 14% of the Front end developer course - feeling my way around the forums to see how they work and possibly give/receive a code review or two :smile:

Happy coding!

3 Likes