Welcome to our forums! Please Introduce Yourself

Hi! I’m Gillian and happy to be here with all of you! I work for a tech company… but not in a tech role, because I don’t have skillz. But, I’m here to change that! I’m sure I will have lots of questions along the way!

4 Likes

Hi! My name is Vickie but my usual handle is VegasVikk. I was a web designer and developer from 2000 to 2008, and then I took a hiatus and tried a bunch of different things… but I’ve always wanted two things: 1) to be a Data Scientist, or at least know enough to be able to write about it, and 2) learn JavaScript, which I’ve been struggling with for many years, trying to teach myself. I think by joining Codeacademy Pro I’ll be able to get the help I need to become proficient with both fields, as I already know a little from my work in the early 2000s. Likewise, I would love to find fellow students who want to learn together, and we could create a study group or, I’d like to join a serious study group for semi-beginners such as myself. Are there any Las Vegans in the group? Let’s connect! Cheers, VegasVikk

3 Likes

Hi,

I’m Bilal (original name Pascal), living in the Netherlands. On this moment I’m taking the Front-end engineer path. I love coding and I love to build websites. (been doing it for a couple of years now) My goal is to be a wel skilled front-end engineer and hopefully change my Job in the future. On this moment I’m working for a big IT company as a test-engineer.

3 Likes

Hello community!

My name is Andy and I am brand new to coding, and programming. I come from a Bachelors of Economics background and have tried to apply that knowledge in the real world to obtain a career, to no success. I manage to get a small tax-related project at PriceaterhouseCoopers (PwC) LLP. It only lasts for about 2 months. This year was the second time I completed this project, and I have to say that this company is everything I want to be a part of. Unfortunately, I am no CPA (Certified Public Accountant), nor do I have sufficient accounting skills, or technology skills to transition to a more permanent career at PwC. Those lack of skills made me realize that I need to ‘update’ my career path, and subsequently, the skills I need to put me on a successful path.

Since it is the 21st centaury, and we live in the age of technology, I decided that coding will be my new path, and I have enjoyed the few hours I spent on CodeCademy learning the fundamentals. I decided to take the Web Development Career path to start my journey. I am excited to take on these coding projects from CodeCademy and put them on display. I will do my best to be apart of the community, and make new coding friends! I wish everyone who is on this same path as me the best of luck!

Also, please feel free to reach out to me, I am looking to make lasting coding buddies. :smiley:

2 Likes