Welcome to our forums! Please Introduce Yourself

HI!
I’m a stage director from Moscow, Russia. Experienced in computer graphics and frontend. Python is a kind of hobby, but…
51% cs path and 26% in ds path, planning to take AI course (not Codeacademy) this fall/winter.

Hi guys! My name is Aadya. In school, I had already learned some HTML, though I liked it, I knew Python would suite me better. My teacher suggested me to check out Codecademy. I started with it a while ago maybe 5-6 days and it is very comfortable so far. I am doing the skill course of Python namely Analyze Data With Python. I like it so far and hope that it stays the same way in the future. As soon as I finish this course, I will go for Python Django and maybe React cuz App development is amazing! PS I am trying not to include too much of details in just one post.

• Who are you?
    My name is John. I live in Nashville, Tennessee. I am married to my wonderful wife, Bridgette. We have been together for almost 5 years, but just got married in March of this year (2020).

• What is your industry and profession?
    I was in the Entertainment Lighting industry and an Electrical Contractor before that. I am currently laid off due to the pandemic shutting down the entertainment industry.

• Were do you plan to use your new coding skills? Personally/professionally?
    I am wanting to get into Data Analytics. I really like spreadsheets and collating data. (weird, I know). I one day would love to work and become a Data Scientist.

• Why do you use Codecademy and what is your favorite thing about it?
    I found this several years ago and never really had the time to dig into it. I have had the time recently and really jumped headfirst into coding. I am absolutely loving it. It is engaging mentally and allows me to work on problem-solving.

• What courses have you taken, or are planning to take?
    I have been working on the Computer Science TRack and will be continuing onto the Data Analytics coursework with Python and SQL next.

I am loving this training and am excited to see where I am able to go with it.

1 Like

Hi! Been posting here around a little already but didn’t think of saying hello.

I’m living in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. For the past 4 years I’ve been working in a debt collection company - basically helping air passengers to claim compensation with airlines in case of flight delays!

The past year I found my job to be less and less stimulating, but I started getting interested in programming through my company’s IT/dev team, who is relentlessly perfecting and maintaining the software of our in-house built administrative system.

In October I took an ‘introduction to code’ course on Udemy (mostly using Scratch and Python) and loved it, and I also went to a workshop organised by Codaisseur (a computer training school) where I could build an online balloon-popping game in a day… Since January I decided to work part time and officially start my journey with Codecademy! Love the interactiveness of the lessons and projects I find here, as well as the helpful and supportive community.

So far I’ve completed Learn how to Code, Code Foundations and Learn CSS, and currently I’m at 31% of the Web Development path. The Computer Science path will probably be my next stop.

I spent quite some time on the CSS part before moving to JS, because I wanted to practice a lot already with responsiveness. Building a landing page is probably what took me the most time and efforts.

My plan is to learn as much as I can on my own and at my pace this year and then next year, enrol in a full-stack developer course with Codaisseur.

I love how powerful programming is and the satisfaction of running an error-free code after building something from scratch. I never really found my calling but with coding I feel like this is finally changing! (And in these quarantine times I really don’t know what else I would do if I wasn’t on this learning journey)

Talk to you around!

1 Like