Codecademy Forums

Welcome to our forums! Please Introduce Yourself

Yo I’m just gonna casually re-introduce myself after 3 years from my last post… mostly cause my post was super short and didn’t say anything about me. But lets get started

So hello everyone, my name is Steven Copeland and I love programming. I’ve doing it sense 2012 and loved ev- well actually not every minute of it, but a lot of it. 'specially not that time I spent trying to figure out easy bugs :roll_eyes:. I love music like rap(especially NF), pop, and uhm… uhh… yeah that’s it. I love codecademy as a platform and have earned over 473 badges, 4195 points, and finished over 20 courses. I was so cool and hip I even got sent a power user t-shirt :stuck_out_tongue:. So yeah! Been working on programming for awhile and I’m looking forward to doing more of it in the future.

Signing off for now,
Pound it
Noggin
See ya!

5 Likes

Hello. My name is Kirt.
I have worked 30 years in word processing and desk top publishing. Trained in theatre. Self-taught artist and experimental animator.
Personally, I have just completed an enormous database of my late-wife’s archives and our collaborative projects (18K+ pages!). I started learning Access a few months ago in order to sort my photos, video and documents into ISO Week groupings. I enjoyed the high 'nerd quotient" and decided to dig deeper into the code itself for more power and flexibility in future edits of the database. I would also like to change careers once again at age 54.
I have been taking the Pro courses for a week now and the learning curve, like anything else, is rather steep. Yet every other program I have learned offered the same challenge with rich rewards for perseverance. I am hoping for the same results with Data Science.
Currently working on the Data Science path and about to begin the Python section after a few more days of practice on SQL.
I have not been to any meet ups and look forward to doing so soon. For most of my past employment, I have been over-qualified for the position and therefore am eager to get in contact with peers who can help guide my path. Thanks CA!
I do not yet have any example of my Codecademy work but am about to begin the off-site challenge.

6 Likes
  • Who are you?

Hello, I’m Justin in the UK. Whilst not at the door of 40. I’m approaching quick enough.

• What is your industry and profession?

Currently I work as an Operational Modelling engineer. We use excel / access and programs created in the 90’s to simulate parts required on a helicopter.

• Were do you plan to use your new coding skills? Personally/professionally?

My role is changing and moving into the data science world. I have been given six months to learn and grasp everything I possibly can about the subject.

• Why do you use Codecademy and what is your favorite thing about it?

I use it for ease of use and the hand holding at the beginning of tutorials. It also ramps up the difficulty once the lessons finish.

• What courses have you taken, or are planning to take?

Taken: Skill path of Data Scientist / Python 3.
Planning to take: R / SQL / Beautiful Soup

• Have you been to any of our meetups, or events?

No events and I’m not confident enough yet to venture out. Possibly from December.

• Do you have any examples of work that you have done using the skills you learned at Codecademy?

Not yet, I understand the relationship between data types and variables and functions how they work and sit within one another. Thats about it.

7 Likes

hi everyone:wave:,
i’m Raaidah:girl: and i love scratch my profile is unicornmathlover_10. i love programming and i want to be a coder and a teacher and a author. i planned to leave:cry: scratch sooner or later because “popular” people are making problems:point_right:. also people are getting cyber-bullied:cry:. if i do leave i will keep a project. i came here to code academy because khan academy offered me to go. i :heart: indila’s songs (they’re french) and my two favourite are tourner dans le vide and dernière danse. my hope id to stop what’s happening on scratch an to stay but as long as that is happening i’ll stay here!:grinning:

Blockquote
hey you loser,
you suck at scratch why don’t you just leave
Blockquote
that’s what’s happening

5 Likes