Welcome to our forums! Please Introduce Yourself

Hi!

I’m Maria, I am a bit older than the average in the forum and I am a sailor. I love my job but I don’t see myself doing the same thing forever (also I would like to have a family at some point… and leaving a baby for 3 months at home is not something I am looking forward). I would like to learn coding, and who knows… maybe at some point I can join a project.

I am a beginner. I don’t know a lot about it, but I remember that I wasn’t too bad in university… :slight_smile:
I think I will start with the web development path… Any suggestion is very welcome!
Have a nice day!

Hi there :slight_smile:
My name is Emilie and I am a french canadian.
I have studied arts and drug abuse counselling in the past. Now I work for a big media company which is (relatively slowly) crashing. I am a data steward but I don’t have any knowledge about coding. However, I always thought I would be good at it! I think coding is the future of employement (in my case at least…). I just started learning SQL and I think I’m gonna like it :slight_smile:
I’d like to make friends here also! Come talk to me!
See ya

Hi, I’m hoping to be a volunteer helper at a new Coding Club, so I want to learn Python. I’m a retired programmer and have worked with Oracle PL/SQL, Java, C & C++, HTML & CSS, so hopefully I won’t find Python too daunting.

• Who are you?
    You can call me Nancy. This is my real first name.
  • What is your industry and profession?
    Beginning Codecademy student.
  • Where do you plan to use your new coding skills? Personally/professionally?
    I plan to either get a 9-5 job with a “real” company OR go freelance. Haven’t made up my mind about that yet.
  • Why do you use Codecademy and what is your favorite thing about it?
    I use Codecademy because I think it’s better in 2 ways to others I have been researching. #1 One is free and doesn’t quite give you enough to go on. I like your “hints” part of the instructions - instead of having to go to Gitter and getting sidetracked. Plus, I really like the video walkthroughs. #2 is pricing. For a mere pittance, you can really learn things!
  • What courses have you taken, or are planning to take?
    In the world of coding, I have taken a “best practices” course at our local community college. That was about 12 years ago. I’m sure things have changed. I’ve been on the free coding website and now here at Codecademy.
  • Have you been to any of our meetups, or events?
    Nope.
  • Do you have any examples of work that you have done using the skills you learned at Codecademy?
    Before entering yes. After entering, no.
  • Do you have a cool story to tell about how Codecademy helped you achieve your goals?
    Not yet. I will soon enough! Thanks!

• Who are you?
    My name is Aleysia, I am from Las Vegas
  • What is your industry and profession?
    I am currently working as a legal assistant. I’m taking this semester off of school due to finances. But next semester I am changing my degree to software programming
  • Where do you plan to use your new coding skills? Personally/professionally?
    Like previously said, I want to get my associates in software programming. I would then like to get my bachelor’s in computer science.
  • Why do you use Codecademy and what is your favorite thing about it?
    Codeacademy is a good way for me to learn while I am currently not taking any college courses. I can do it on my free time and I don’t feel rushed when it comes to learning. So far, things have been easy to understand and I love how helpful the website it.
  • What courses have you taken, or are planning to take?
    I am brand new to coding. I am halfway through Python. Honestly, I want to learn it all. My boyfriend, who goes to school for computer engineering, introduced me to coding.
  • Have you been to any of our meetups, or events?
    No
  • Do you have any examples of work that you have done using the skills you learned at Codecademy?
    No work done yet.
  • Do you have a cool story to tell about how Codecademy helped you achieve your goals?
    Although I am suuuuper new to this, I already feel like I have a better understanding as to how programming works. I am very excited to continue with other programs and see what all I can do.

Good Morning

I am a teacher and I have a student who wishes to study computer science at university. He has no programming experience so to increase his chances of getting to university I am encouraging him to learn Python.

Regards

Len lewell

Hello World (^_^) Fellow coding enthusiast ready to make something better of his life. For years being stuck in sales and customer service jobs, I know I can do more for myself and my community than just make sales or greet customers and do general HR work. I’m hoping Codecademy can take my level of understanding to new heights and elevate my learning to landing a new job in the field. I’m willing to give learning everything I got and I won’t be happy until I can truly call myself a coder/programmer

Hello Fellow Coders,

My name is Solomon. Born in San Francisco. Been in the tech industry for about 4 years taking Technical Support roles at the San Francisco Department of Public Health, and taking Project Management roles at Salesforce . I told myself that it is time to get serious about learning code on a consistent basis. Right now i’m taking the web development path so feel free to connect or give advice if you have any tips on how to be successful down this path! Thanks!

Regards,
Solomon

Hi everyone!

I’m Brittney. I’ve dabbled in html and CSS before, but now I want to take my learning a little more seriously, so here I am. I’m currently working my way through the Web Development path, and I’m really enjoying it. I do a lot of graphic design, and it’ll be nice to be able to build my own websites with my own graphics.

Hello, My Name Is Vijay Nagar, and I am working as a developer and I have 4 years of experience in web/ software development. I have joined codecademy to learn more and enhance my tech skills, I am thinking if you are a coder or tech lover you need to be up to date with new technologies and coding. So I am here,
Thanks to codecademy to make me update.

Howdy!
My name is Tristan. I’m currently unemployed, and I’m using my free time to get back into programming. I used to use Linux a lot, so I’ve got some experience in Bash, as well as a tiny bit of Python. In high school I took a Java class that didn’t help me much, because the “teacher” was learning with us, and I ended up helping him teach the class. I don’t remember any Java at this point. I briefly did web design as well, but only touched HTML and CSS.

I also do a bit of crypto trading, and I’ve gotten fairly decent at it, so I wanted to try my hand at writing an automated trading bot. Being unsatisfied with programming a strict strategy, I’ve decided I’m going to learn as much as I can about neural networks and try to implement my own intelligent trading bot. On that subject, I’ve noticed all of the bots others have created have been “future price predictors”. Not only does this sound like a not-very-efficient way of designing a bot, I don’t think it will ever work properly. This is why I have come up with my own model idea, in which the model doesn’t even think about future prices. Instead, it will operate sort of like a machine vision model, and will learn to recognize shapes in the charts, and train itself based on profit over time instead of accuracy of a price prediction, much the same way as a human would.

Another project idea I have is for a complex cell evolution game, kind of like Cell Lab and the cell stage of Spore. These games are always cool for a bit, but very disappointingly simple (especially Spore). They don’t truly do what I’d consider cellular evolution. So someday I’d like to design a cellular evolution simulator/game.

On that note, I am using Codecademy to improve my Python skills right now, and I plan to also learn SQL, Ruby, and Javascript. Although it’s not currently on Codecademy, I’d also like to learn R.

Hi my name is Andrea and I’m currently a SharePoint Adm and need to learn more coding so I can really excel in this field. I just want to be able to produce great work.

My name is Trish and I have been a graphic designer in the print industry for about 20 years. I have recently gone back to school to learn web and interaction design.

hello!

my name’s Dimitri, I’m a webmaster/whatever you call someone using only html/css, specialized in responsive websites.

Been working for the past 6 years and decided it was time to learn new and exciting languages.

I discovered CC through one of our interns a few years ago, when it was still “brand new” and all, and thought it was really awesome! So here I am!

Can’t wait to discover what’s in the programs!

Au revoir!

Hi my name is ace and I want to learn penetration testing

Hi,
My name is Stefan, and I am currently a primary school teacher. I do not know a single thing about programming, but after reading an article about it I got interested. After a quick google search codecadamy popped up. In the first trial week I have spent a lot of time on it. Some parts are hard but so far I think it is really interesting, so I am keen to keep on learning!

Hey all!
My name is Tyler. I am brand new to coding.
I’ve been in restaurant management my whole adult career and wanted to improve my life financially as well as improving family life (will be married in the next year or so).

I am currently reading books on html and css to build a foundation and looking to possibly move into javascript eventually. I just completed the free html on codeacademy and am looking for the next step. I plan on continuing to be self-taught or possibly a bootcamp locally if recommended by y’all.

Currently unsure of what the next step is to use this new info to obtain a career in the industry. I figured building websites as supplemental income until I get guidance would be beneficial.

So any information is much appreciative and im excited to be here!
Thanks!

Greetings everyone,

My name is Jamal and I am from Atlanta, GA. I am an artist preparing myself to do comics and hopefully more in the coming years. As of now I do deliveries with Postmates Inc., so that I can dive into this great site. I was doing forklift operation and warehousing before coming here and needed a change in my career. I have always wanted to code, but never got aggressive until now. I am always on my computer when not working, so I might as well make some use of it right!?

I am currently doing the web development path and going to expand from there. I have ideas and visions of a project that I wish to take using my artwork and learning how to code will be pure gold! This site is very informative and I like how everyone supports others here. I don’t talk much, but hopefully for the first time I will quit being a ghost. Hope to learn from you all and make some friends! Thanks for having me!

Hello… my name is Rick and I am in San Diego. After many years in sales, I am looking for a career change. Really enjoy coding so far. I’m am looking forward to learning more and hopefully finding a job in the programming world. Would be interested in some meet ups or similar get togethers in Southern California if anyone can recommend. Thanks.

Hello, everyone. My name is Snotti (pronounced “snuh-TEE”) and I am an Exercise Science major and sports and science enthusiast who wants to become very good at a few coding languages so that I can create my own website and video analysis platform.