Welcome to our forums! Please Introduce Yourself

h
Hi im James and im just learning to use javascriot at a very basic level. I was not a well behaved child and very introvert and obsessive. sometimes i would have bouts of very bad hyper activity resulting in me being expelled. #if this behaviour was noticed in a child today i think they would of being diagnosed with ADHD and some form of mild autism.

I was put into a college before college age, some great teachers had realsied that i had a very logical way of thinking and decided i should try my hand at programming at college aged 14/15. However i did well and learned what i was meant to when i wanted too but by behaviour messed put an end to college life very soon. I was able to write basic things such as noghts and crosses games and once i wrote bus ticket machine journey/prices etc. I went the extra mile and coded the distance and times for various routes. unfortunate;y i cant remember for the life of be the language we used to write, it was a very long time ago.

Anyway, i found the free codecademy course online and found my obsessive nature loving it.

So thats me, i guy that had lots of opportunities but lots of childhood issues. Not to sound like a dunning kruger suffferer too but i feel i could pick this up if i persist. ITS NOT JUST A CASE OF REMEMBERING (actually my memory can be atrocious at time) AND REGURGITATING. ITS ABOUT OVERCOMIN LOGICAL PROBLEMS AND SEEING THE PATTERNS. ie i see the brackets as doors…i digress! YES, back to what i was saying. I think its about overcoming logical problems and lots of very accurate proof reading to find the flaws within the code.

So thats me, coding for pure enjoyment. A geek and i love it :wink:

P.S
Ive not proof read this so any mistakes, you have been warned!

Thank you
James Gander

Hi,

I am zora from India. New to coding, have been keen on pursuing computer science for a long time. Didn’t go as planned in school and moved onto college and work life. Have taken a full circle and come back to pursue this. I have worked in the travel industry, own a cafe and resort and also teach as a SCUBA instructor. My real life experiences, the new industry shades in India and this new skill together may lead to fun stuff.
Here to grasp and apply. Also purusuing basic and advanced mathematics on the side.

Glad to be a part of this community. Hoping to tase the pudding in the end, with codeacademy pro.

Hello happy people!

Great to join this community! My name is Slavko and I have recently started learning JS, to add to my basic knowledge of HTML and CSS, in order to change careers. I am currently working as bookmaker, or odds compiler for a sports betting company, but I am much more interested in web development cause creating stuff makes me happy :slight_smile:

I live in Malta, but I haven’t found any groups here that meet regarding JS, but hopefully that will change soon enough.

I think it’s never too late to learn something new so I have started the Intensive - Build Front-End Web Applications from Scratch, and look to build on from there.

I hope that soon I will be able to help out others on their way with some obstacles they might run into, but until then I will be the one asking questions and needing help. That’s what the communities are about :sunny:

hello my name is sahil i am from india

Hello to all around the world from Newnan, GA USA
I am in Law Enforcement and have done computer forensics for many years. I have been through many classes through FLETC from Cell Phone Forensics to Network Intrusions. I have also attended many classes through the GBI, NW3C, and many others. My goal here in Code Academy is to learn and get a better understanding of Python. I want to be able to create tools to use not just in my line of work but many industries across the spectrum. Right now I am using the 7 day pass as funds are tight and hope by the end of the 7 days, I can find the funds to sign up for the year. My line of work has odd hours and days, so I want to make sure I have plenty of time to learn. I heard about this and was suggested to me by my son-in-law Chase. So I plan to make a go of it as I have been watching CoreyMSchafer on youtube. More about me can be found at [link in profile] Thank you all for any future help you may give me in my walk with Python.

Hi, I am Jada Roberts, a health and business expert.

Hi everyone. I have always wanted to learn how to code correctly. I have been traveling site through site in order to try to understand how to code. Its hasn’t worked. I hope that this site will finally work because i am very passionate about coding and in the future. I want to become a Military Engineer in Asian Countries such as Japan and Korea. I have been practicing their languages so I will be able to inspire others to code. I love to game, so i guess that kinda falls into coding. I have mainly been fascinated with the Programs used in video games. I’ve been actually taking out motherboards of old gaming systems and drawing them seeing that everyone is different, comparing and guessing the simple codes used in the consoles. STILL not being able to understand it. I was just writing down numbers tbh. But i hope to understand how powerful coding can be.

Hello I am a studentr

HI guys my name is Sam. I recently finished college with a major in psychology and am now realizing that I want to change gears and get into programming. On the one hand I feel completed deflated and defeated for wasting my time and parents money on school. On the other hand, I feel so relieved that I am now starting to figure our a path for my life. While I have tinkered around with some code, I am still a noob so I am here to start soaking things up as best as I can.

Hi,

Nice to meet y’all.

HI!
I just finished highschool. I was lost for a while and didn’t know what to do next, but I’ve always been fascinated by programming, so I decided to apply to study computer science in university. I was scared of applying for such a long time, since I don’t have any background in computers at all, except a little html and css knowledge. So that’s why I’m here, to make myself a little more prepared for uni. And to see if I even like it, as I still have time to change direction completely haha.
Good luck to you all! I already encountered a problem while learning python that I don’t understand at all. But I’ll do my best not to give up :slight_smile: Cheers!

Hello everybody,
I am Ioudom Foubi Jephte, Masters student at IMS NOVA university in Portugal. My aim is to develop my SQL, Python , data visualization and machine learning skills from scratch.

I choosed codecademy because i saw it had a data science path, with amazing content.

My Name’s Ian.

I’m just starting out learning code as it’s something I’ve been interested in for a long time and just never had the time to learn.

I still don’t have much time due to work constraints but I’m making some time for it.

• Who are you?
    My name ALLD0G from years of playing Xbox.
  • What is your industry and profession?
    I am an Operations Manager in the Health and Social care industry
  • Were do you plan to use your new coding skills? Personally/professionally?
    In a new career, I’m looking to learn what I can and get a feel for different developer paths
  • Why do you use Codecademy and what is your favorite thing about it?
    I like the format and it was recommended by a respectable coding camp
  • What courses have you taken, or are planning to take?
    Learning JavaScript at the minute, plan to also learn html and CSS
  • Have you been to any of our meetups, or events?
    None. One outside of codecademy, a teaser session by a coding bootcamp
  • Do you have any examples of work that you have done using the skills you learned at Codecademy?
    None yet, I’m brand new. I’m sure this will change!

• Hi, I’m Louw
  • I work as a Junior Developer
  • I came to Codecademy to learn some new skills. I really like the interactive leaning!
  • Hopefully I will be able to do all the courses here… Maybe not Java :sweat_smile:
  • I like lists. (They start at 1 right?..)

Hi there.
My name is Thales. I’m 26 and live in Brazil.
My current profession has nothing to do with computer science but I’ve always been a fan of it. It always kept my attention.
I use Codecademy because I really liked the proposal and I believe it’s really easy to use! I’m taking the data science course and I am very excited about it.
I hope I can learn a little everyday and build a new personal project.

Cheers. :tipping_hand_man:t2:

Hi! I’m Ednaldo!
I’m Computer and Network student, I’m from Brazil. I love to learn to code, I completed 60% of Java free lessons. I cant buy PRO in the moment but, I will try when I have free cash or win a discount code, dollares is almost 5x highter than Brazil money! I hope to increase my code skills and improve my career. Thank Codecademy for lessons.

Hi I am new to this. I have a question

Hello, I enjoy learning about Java and JS. I have a question. Which program creates ‘Java Applets’ I think it is Java, but not 100% sure?

The reason I am asking is that Java Applet’s are being discouraged. What is the alternative to a Java Applet, in Java? Thanks!

Hello !

I am Patrick from Switzerland. I am anthropologist and have been exluded from job market since the day I ended college (3 years untill then) :disappointed_relieved:

This is why I am here ! To learn new skills in coding for entrepreurship project.

What I liked from codecademy is the way that it is presented and the pragmatic side of it : we can just code in the webpage !

I took the Computer Sciences path. For now, I am trying with Python.

See you soon I hope ! :sunglasses:

Hi there,

I’m Steve! I’m working as a freelance audio engineer an plan to work as a full-time Web Developer, which is why I’m learning at Codecademy. Nice to meet you all! :wave: