Welcome to our forums! Please Introduce Yourself

Hello! My name is Barnett and I am a Customer Success Manager at Algolia. Algolia is a search API, allowing any development team to build and maintain a fast and relevant search experience in their website and mobile apps.

I work daily with Algolia engineers and frontend/backend/fullstack developers and CTOs on the client side.

I am here to expand my knowledge and skills with JavaScript, CSS, HTML, React, Python, Node.js and anything else I can get my hands on in order to grow in my current role.

Really looking forward to it!

Hello, my name is Veronique DeNell Evans, but everyone can’t pronouns my name, so just call me “Nikki”. I am a 60yr old Christian wife, of one husband, mother of 6 children, and granny of 13 g-babies, who lives in a small town in Arkansas. I presently work at our local hospital, CHI ST. VINCENT in Morrilton, Arkansas, as a Patient Access Rep., I have worked there since 2014 in Outpatient, and in the ER. I really do like my job, because I meet so many interesting people, and ran across a lot of people I haven’t seen in years, which is my ministry to share and administer care to people I meet. I plan to use my new skills on my job, and maybe apply for a coding job at the hospital where I work, or one near by. This is one of a many blessing that the Lord has provided for me. I was attending a online school for medical informational tech, but come to find out that was a full time learning, where as I couldn’t take on because of my job responsibilities. No this is my first attemp, because this is my day off from work, but not from house work. Working in the ER, the diagnosis the nurses, and doctors use will be a lot more understandable, with what I will be learning,. I hope to have a lot to say, after this course.

Hi! I am here to learn more coding! I plan to go into Computer Science as a career and I already know some Python and Processing. I have made games at my district science fair and I have won 2 years in a row.:grinning: I am excited to learn more coding!

Hey all,

I’m Daniel, Australian, a serial traveler and freelance content writer. I’m hoping to broaden my horizens by learning front-end development (HTML, CSS, JavaScript) so that I can help my clients when they need more than just content writing.

Hello everyone,

I am Khalil from Lebanon. I am a fresh graduate with a master’s degree in Business Analytics and a B.Eng in Civil Engineering . Recently I started a new job as a Business Planning and Performance Analyst at an Engineering company. I believe that improving my coding skills will help me achieve big things in my current position and throughout my career.

Hello everyone!

My name is Shihab, and I am a beginner in the coding. My background is other than coding or computer science, but I am enthusiastic to learn because I believe programming knowledge is necessary for everyone.

I have started with web development path here which includes HTML CSS and JavaScript and so on. However, I intend to go further than the website developments. I have just finished the first seven lessons or practice, and I find that I have already been using JavaScript functions, but I like it because I have some idea of HTML and CSS from W3Schools. Any suggestions or encouragements are appreciated.

Looking forward to learning programming from Code Academy and a good time ahead with all of you guys!

Hi everyone!

My name is Robia and I have just discovered codecademy while searching how to learn coding. My background is Human Movement Sciences, but I am looking for new doors to open. I don’t have any experience in coding other than using some Matlab for my studies, so I’m a beginner. Hopefully I will learn to code with the help of codecademy and I am curious where I’ll end up. It is nice to know that I am not alone in this :slight_smile:

Hello there,

My name is Lizzy and I have just graduated from Kings’ in London with a humanities BA. I want to learn to code to expand my career options and to eventually get into app development.

I am new to app development but like how accessible codeacademy seems to be. I have looked into other courses that were far outside my budget and like the idea of an affordable course that you can do in your own time.

At the moment I am learning JS and am at the very beginning, though I want to learn a language more specific to app development.

I haven’t got any examples of work as I have only just begun :slight_smile:

Hope to meet some awesome people :slight_smile:

Hi, my name is Sean and I’m a 48 year old creative designer looking to diversify by learning some code. I’ve spent most of my life colouring in and decided to see how life is in the world of coding. I’m starting from the very basics; learning html then css and whatever comes next. One of the motivations for me doing this (and it very much involves me getting out of my comfort zone…which is a good thing…always) is that one day I would like to be skilled enough so I can teach both of my young sons (only 6&4 at the moment) how to code. I’d like to do this as I feel it’s the one skill that will always be in demand, code isn’t going away so I feel it’ll help set them up for at least a few professions. Another of my motivations is that coding feels so alien to me and i’m at a point in my life where I need to do something new. Should I pick it up (and after a couple of days I seem to be learning it quickly), who knows it could involve a career transition for me?!
Anyway, wish me luck on this adventure, you’re never too old and 48 is the new 45 apparently.

Going in
Sean

Hi I’m Steve. I have been looking for ways to expand my skills. I’m mostly interested in creating web applications and thought this would be a good place to start. I’m not an engineer; I’m a marketing manager. I have decent analytic skills and I am hoping to learn how to create an application that can be accessed via web or mobile and has an engaging user interface.
I started with the Computer Science curriculum and hope that’s on the right path.

Hello! I would prefer not to give out my real name, but often online I go by Wordo. My profession is that of sitting in school. I plan to use my programming knowledge as a hobby more than anything else, as I am not sure if this is what I want my career to become yet. I like CodeAcademy due to it’s user friendly workspace, and being able to use the language in the browser instead of having to use my computer. I have taken the javascript and java courses several years ago, and promptly forgot everything. However, I came back reinvigorated, and I am currently taking the python course. I have not been to a meetup / event. I have no work to show off, as I am not anything of a veteran, but I hope to come up with something.

Hi, I’m Patricia. I am currently employed as an IT Project Coordinator and am studying Data Science at uni (online). I am looking to move into a role as a Data Scientist, I have just discovered Codecademy and am looking at some of the different languages on offer. I haven’t taken any course in Codecademy yet… I have just signed up so not been involved in anything yet!

I am currently learning the language “R”. Hoping to connect with others who are also programming in “R”.

• Who are you?
    Jimmie the kid
  • What is your industry and profession?
    Graphic design/laser engraving day job. I also own a city guide and reseller for domain names, web hosting etc,
  • Were do you plan to use your new coding skills? Personally/professionally?
    Do freelancing
  • Why do you use Codecademy and what is your favorite thing about it?
    Interactive lessons, great support
  • What courses have you taken, or are planning to take?
    I have a diploma in web page design from many years ago, have taken recently some web development courses with other schools, plan on doing Code Academy Web Development courses
  • Have you been to any of our meetups, or events? no
  • Do you have any examples of work that you have done using the skills you learned at Codecademy?
    not yet
  • Do you have a cool story to tell about how Codecademy helped you achieve your goals?
    not yer

Hello everyone. I’m very new to this stuff. Trying to learn programming languages to make myself more valuable to my company.

Hello,
My name is Omar, I studied agronomy in the US and was quite disheartened to see the salaries of jobs that didn’t have requirements of 5 years and a PhD. I decided that even though I still wanted to work in agriculture, I needed to specialize more. Eventually this search led me to reading about data analytics and was happy not only to see that it was used in my industry but the salaries were considerably nicer! Now I am imagining my future with a much better standard of living :slight_smile: It’s a long journey from here but I hope I can look back and say this is where it all started. So far it’s going great…

Hello everyone!
My name is Nick, I’m from Russia, from the city called Kaliningrad.
I like coding since my youth, and now I started seriously thinking of working as a developer.
It’s my fifth day on CodeCademy. I’m excited to see, how will it help me to advance in programming.
I worked 2 months as a C++ programmer, but then I left the industry, and now I’m coming back. For the beginning - working with Python.
Thanks those, who read that. Good luck to you! And to me either :slight_smile:

Greeting and Salutations esteemed fellow students, codecademy staff members and visitors.

My name is Paul. I am a ‘young’ retired gentleman. My background includes four score and several years as a professional COBOL, RPG and SDT programmer, a Development and Operations Support Team manager, an independent IT consultant and lastly, a small business owner.

I recently joined codecademy to updgrade my technical skill-set which, are overwhelmingly ancient given today’s development tools and overall technology as a profession.

Over the years I’ve dabbled with html and css from time to time but never to the extent, and much more, than technology I’ll require for my future plans. I’m not at liberty to offer very much insight about my plans, suffice to say they include starting a company in the IT sector, the likes of which I have been unable to find in existence today.

I closing I bid you all best wishes with your aspirations and determination to achieve the goals you seek here at codecadrmy.

Have a Great day!
Paul

I’m Darrell, from Exeter, i work as a civil servant, im hoping to become a software developer for the agency.
im using code academy to learn the basic course and see how good … or bad my skills as a developer are, after attending a meetup in white chapel at the end of July.

Greeting, I am Stanley. I have recently decided to become a full stack web-developer. It’s going to be a long and exciting journey. This journey requires patience and dedication. Happy coding to all, don’t be discouraged.

Stanley

Hello, my name is Linda. I hope to make new friends here and learn from you!:relaxado::relaxado::ligeiramente_smiling_face::ligeiramente_smiling_face: