Welcome to our forums! Please Introduce Yourself

Hi everybody. My name is Ahmet, I am from the UK and I am completely new to coding!

I am currently working my way through the python course and look forward to getting stuck into the forums.

I am learning python (3), as I am a Structural Engineer wanting to leave the industry and I don’t want the future to leave me behind…

Anyway, Happy Coding all!

Hello Everyone:

My name is Shreekant.
Am very keen to learn Python as well as GitHub.
GitHub especially to manage large coding projects.

Using Data Visualisation as a way to keep my interest.

Hope to have a good time learning with all of you

Cheers

hey, I’m Justis.
33 year old glass artist and instructor looking for something different. I came here with no background in anything computer related.
I’ve spent my life working in kitchens and doing the art thing, and I’m tired of it all. I decided to give the whole coding thing a try and I’m loving it. Flew through some intro stuff and dove into learning python. This is, obviously, completely foreign to me. And I love it. I’m hoping to eventually make a career out of this and build a future in comp science or data science.

Hi everyone.

I’m a electronic engineer trying to learn more about coding because I think it will help in my work. I work in a office related to information security and python is like the main topic always.

Im not an english native, so, i still confused some words, sorry about that. I hope to really learn :slight_smile:

Bye!

Hello, I’m new here

I’m a graduate student in communication (the humanity kind) and had some difficulty at work so I found I really need to learn all I can about coding, I want to make my work easier so I’m here and now I know I sure have a long way to go… also would be great to meet people and learn from them.

That´s it, for now.

Hello World… :slight_smile:
I’m Anastes from India. How is my name :wink: I’m a practising developer. I would like to learn something new, that’s why i’m here… :sunglasses:

Hello my name is Janien and I am the Executive Director of a nonprofit organization. I absoutely loved coding the minute I discoved it! I will be using these newly found skills to update our new website that someone else created (Hopefully I can create another website on my own). My favorite part of CodeAcademy is how everything is within eyes view and no switching from page to page I love it! I have only completed the first lesson which is HTML, now starting my CSS class. I am very new to this forum and will start to look up events to attend. I have no examples as of yet.

Thanks for all the help you guys have alreadoy given with your answers in this forum.

Hi my name is Jose and I love learning new languages. I currently speak fluently Spanish and English. I can conversate in Japanese, French, Mandarin, and Italian. I plan on mastering in those languages down the road and others to come. My current goal is to become an interpreter in whatever field I find that is in need. But learning to code is something I just realize that might be useful in the future. I am currently a delivery drive for a linen and uniform company. That is currently just a job for me, but I would like to find a career. I am not really sure where I want to go with coding, but it something I want to have under my belt.
I am using Codeacademy to learn different coding languages. I just stated using the program today. I haven’t taken any other courses yet, but I plan on learning as much as I can.
I haven’t been to any meetups or events but I would like to in the future.

Howdy, I’m Cam. I currently work in the movie biz but I have always been interested in technology and I want to learn some 21st century skills in order to keep up and get involved with the changing economy, especially in regards to robots, automation, and machine learning. I don’t know the first thing about coding so I am excited to get started!

My name is Noah, I’m 15 years old, and I live in the U.S

Just a highschooler. :neutral_face:

I want to get a grasp on as many languages as possible and have in my pocket. Hopefully ill try to pursue a career in the tech field.

I have taken Python and am about to finish JavaScript. I hope to finish them all at some point.

Don’t have much else to say, so Happy Coding everyone!! :fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

Hi, everyone. I’m Shafa. I’m a college girl who learns chemistry. I’m Indonesian. I’m here, learning how to code because i want to upgrade myself. And i just found this website everytime i google about code-learning-website, along with freecodecamp, code . org, and some other sites. I haven’t decide what courses to take in the future, but i’m planning to learn as much as i can, and right now i’m still at the beginning course.

Best regards,
Shafa

Hi!

I’m Oleg. I’m a student in a high school in Israel. Last year I began a programming class my HS provides. I learned C# and some assembler from the course. I’ve been to the Cyber Week conference this year in the TAU which was quite fascinating.
I came to codeacademy because I want to learn how to create websites and learn some more practical coding than what is taught at my school. That’s why I’m focusing on html and such right now. I don’t really know what will I like to do with the knowledge I gain. Maybe I’ll begin a small website building service or something of the sorts. Feel free to pm me :slight_smile:

HI Sherri here im a beginner and need to know what code a PayPerMinite chat would need. I need this chat for multiple users to give advice with
thanks

New user

Hello, my name is Nomad. I’m kind of interested in changing my username though because I just don’t like how it turned out, but I don’t know if that’s possible.

I am a welder, but I am trying to go back to college in the Spring to finish my Earth Science degree. In the meantime, I aim to teach myself how to code and deal with programming. It is my goal and hopes that eventually, I will know enough about programming and be efficient at it enough to freelance online so that I can always have some source of income and always be useful somewhere. Maybe be able to gather up enough money while at home to travel to other countries for exploration and odd jobs. I would like to go to Israel, French Guyana, Greece, Australia, or Japan some day.

I was never big on coding in the past, and I’m not terribly comfortable with my math skills, but I’ve gained an appreciation for it over time, and seeing how much the world is depending on and revovling around computer systems, and the fact that I hope to live a more or less nomadic lifestyle sometime (hence my username), I think that coding will be a very useful and powerful discipline to study in and a skillset that can find use in various things: From making websites for people, to programming robots and drones, to homework and game design, and possibly some things I haven’t even thought of yet. Considering how much I hop from one thing to another, it’s something that I have to try.

I chose CodeAcademy because it’s free, it seems very official and well-laid out, and although Khan Academy is great, why not learn how to code on a website dedicated to and specializing in teaching it?

Right now I am taking the Computer Science course in hopes of it giving me a broad overview to, well, computer science, and how software works to some degree. I was skeptical about starting with the Python language, but after hearing how widely used it is, and how it looks kind of similar to the programming language that is used in this coding game I play sometimes called COLOBOT, which was made to mimic Javascript I think, I decided that what I learn in Python will translate over to some other languages some and be useful in freelancing either way.

Right now I am learning about functions and parameters, but it’s a bit confusing sometimes, but my head gets clouded. If anyone has note-taking advice, that’d be cool, but other than that, happy coding.

Hi everyone! My name is Val - I’m 30 years old, currently the Director of Customer Success for a startup that is moving from interactive content to the declared data space. I’m learning SQL and Python because I love telling stories with data. If I can use new or old data to create one graph that tells a clear story - that is a sign of a good day to me. I love working in Excel, but obviously want to do so much more, in a more efficient way, using SQL. Hopefully after mastering SQL and Python, I can 1. become a better story teller using data as my equipment/tool, and 2. Get a job that focuses on data more so than sales.

Well I’m new to this technology stuff could new teach me

What an wonderful group of people! Hi all, I’m Ryan and i’m on my 7th day of coding and absolutely loving it. Code Academy has been incredible so far and I have been very lucky to network and speak with friends and acquaintances about coding in the past week to help jumpstart my skills.

Also to anyone who may be just starting out (like I am) who would like someone to network or communicate with, please dont hesitate to send me a message. Even though many of us are new to coding it can never hurt to make connections and learn from one another.

Have a great one everybody!

I’m Ugobo Thankgod from Nigeria. A professional baker and an aspiring full stack programmer. I haven’t achieved so much in my ambition of becoming a software developer as I have only acquired basic html knowledge and looking forward to getting the best out of this platform as I hope to learn much more languages that I need to get balanced on the scale of relevance.

I am a graduate student! I work in developmental neuroscience. I’d like to use my new coding skills for automating data analysis and hopefully more. I am using Codeacademy to learn Python.

• Who are you?
    Prash Gopalan, from Toronto, Canada.

• What is your industry and profession?
    Program Management within digital agencies and tech.

• Where do you plan to use your new coding skills? Personally/professionally?
    Hopefully in my next job at a tech firm.

• Why do you use Codecademy and what is your favorite thing about it?
    I like the variety of languages it has to offer in its catalogue, and the easy interface which lends itself to self-paced learning with plenty of guidance and hands-on practice along the way.

• What courses have you taken, or are planning to take?
    All the SQL courses, and then the Python ones. Perhaps even complete the Data Science pathway.

• Have you been to any of our meetups, or events?
    Not yet!

• Do you have any examples of work that you have done using the skills you learned at Codecademy?

SELECT carrier, id,
(SELECT COUNT(*)
FROM flights f
WHERE f.id < flights.id
AND f.carrier=flights.carrier) + 1
AS flight_sequence_number
FROM flights;

• Do you have a cool story to tell about how Codecademy helped you achieve your goals?
    Not yet - working on it!