Welcome to our forums! Please Introduce Yourself

Hi. I go by my middle name, Sylvann. For most of my adult life I have worked as a cook in restaurant kitchens. My most enjoyable employment was as a software instructor. I am an early adopter of new technologies and since my time as a teacher, I have been very interested in learning what makes software and websites tick. I don’t think I am a “natural”, but I am a motivated learner, one that wants more flexibility in how and where I make my living. I know a tiny bit of HTML and have been spending time with Python.

Hello all my name is Richie, I just got into coding after being PM for a long time. Was interested in coding most of my life. I going through the JS modules and noticed that recursive iteration was not there, or that I missed that. Will there be a recursive iteration model added if there isn’t one?

Thanks all for your time,.
Rich

Sallu tout monde
Je m’apelle Cristian je suis noueau ici,ravi de decouvrir des nouveaux chose:rofl::rofl::smiley:

Hello my name is Tini and I’m from Southern California!
I’m currently a senior due to graduate in the fall with a degree in Communications (Entertainment & Tourism). I’m also an intern for two non-profit organizations.
I’m VERY MUCH a novice and would love to use the skills I learn in a professional environment because it seems very fun and rewarding.
I’m using Code Academy to dip my feet into the world of coding. I love how easy it is to navigate!
I’m currently taking an HTML course.
I can’t wait to see where these skills will take me in life!

Woot Woot. Best Wishes to everyone :slight_smile:

Hello people
I’m Cristian and i want to become a learr\write coder:grinning::grinning::grinning:

Hello, everyone! My name is Brian and I am a graphic designer. I’m currently about to finish my first pro intensive course and I’m pretty excited about it. This is my capstone project if anyone wants to check it out.

I just came here to find some quick answers about JavaScript functions.

Hi there,

Name is Conrad and I am from WA- located near Seattle.
I am someone with free time and did a small amount of coding many years ago in high school but never really got deep into the topic. My aim is to learn a bit more about the new coding languages and whether or not it is something I can rap my head around. I am here now to obtain some training in that regard. Thanks for the opportunity.

Hi, I’m Heath, 47, I work in the mining exploration industry.

I have had a couple of basic attempts at learning python but think it’s actually time to concentrate on something to assist me with data analysis in our field. Given that we spend a lot of time in the field CodeAcademy is a great way to be able to move toward my learning objective regardless of where I end up for my job.

Here’s to moving (well) past print (“Hello World!”) and adding another useful tool to the consciousness

Cheers,

Hey everyone,

Hope your studying is going well! I’m sure its scary at first but soon becomes amazing after things start to make sense!

As for me, well I’ve lead a few big projects involving trading of in-game items for games such as fifa or csgo, I’ve managed to even make a living and buy a house on the back of it all but sadly after losing 40-50k in developer fees I cant continue to keep hiring the ‘wrong’ devs anymore and waste money and time, time is money as they say!

So given this industry is booming and I just keep hitting a brick wall, I’ve decided to down tools and become a developer, I don’t yet know what that statement means but If I can at least contribute to project work I will be very happy!

If I get into a position where I’m actually of use to employers then even better, I have a good income from something well paid potentially!

Now to take the plunge! See you on the other side (hopefully!)

Hi my name is Isaac. I professtional programer who does python, java, html and css.:smile: Plus, i like coding in my extra time. I am the owner for edgebiter corpertions. nice to meet everybody.

Hi, Bleank here.
I’m Nigerian, 28 years old and odd (…that’s probably not uncommon around here :slightly_smiling_face:).

I’m a fledgling medical doctor, only three years into the profession. I love medicine but it isn’t quite the creative outlet I need.
Always wanted to learn coding and I tried doing it during med. school -it didn’t go well. Now I’m just easing into it, starting with web development which seems like the easiest place to start.

If I’m as good at it as I hope to be then I’ll go for other languages. I hope I’ll be able to use my skills to save humanity (lol).
Codecademy is quite good, it has eased me into the system and in just one week I already feel like I’m one of the cool dudes who code (even though I’m miles away from any real competency).

So far I’ve built some basic pages applying html and what I know of css. I’m still worried about the unknown though; not sure if I’d be better off reading my medical textbooks instead of “wasting my time” (yes! my mind is my nemesis. always tries to scare me); not sure how long it’s supposed to take to learn these things so it’s a bit hard to celebrate my little conquests when they could actually be comparatively poor unimpressive achievements.

Ok! I need to stop before my dark mind completely takes over. I’ll just try to have fun. Did I say Hi to everyone?
Hi! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi I’m Steven Kristian, I live in Indonesia and nice to meet everyone here.

HI… I am Edward Brown, and I am very pleased to find a coding website like this! AND IT IS FREE! When I was little, I always wanted to code, and make videogames! Now, I am a teen, and I have not had ANY coding experience. So i started codecademy! I have looked at all the cool websites and projects other people had made. I really look up to them and I want to be JUST LIKE THEM!! Thank you to the codecademy team for making this wonderful website,… :slight_smile:

hi i am a student
i am looking to learn c language or paythn

Hola coders!

here to learn python, having joined the computer programming path. Hope to learn a lot from you guys, thanks!