Welcome to our forums! Please Introduce Yourself

Hello, i’m Starry!
i wanted to code because i wanted to try and make tumblr themes or even a website theme.
I know the basics of html and css and trying to learn jquery!

I’m still a student, i’d perfer to not say my age or real name so i just go by Starry

Hi everyone!
The name is Darius. I’m currently a Computer Science student. At the moment, I am focusing on mastering the C++ language as it is the main language we use in the university. I’m using Codeacademy to get some help and possibly some insight in some of my problems in coding.

Hello!
I started with Ruby course here and I like it!
My profession is Mechanical Engineering but after moving to Vienna I think is maybe better to learn about programming to get some more interesting job :smile:
My plans are after Ruby to learn Ruby on rails, then HTML, CSS, JS,…
I would like to know how you all guys started and what do you do when you cannot find solution for some problem :slight_smile: Now I have problem with procs and collect! 7th part in lektion BLOCKS, PROCS, AND LAMBDAS…

I hope someone will answer, I would really be happy to connect with people from programming world :blush: This is first place where I came and start to learn Ruby :slight_smile:

Thanx in advance :wink:

Biljana

Hi, my name is Gilbert. I am an IT director in a 3rd party distribution center. I want to take all sorts of programming simply because I have the extra time and I’ curious about it. It’s not a requirement where I work but I hate the idea of having all this free time and letting it go to waste. This is one of those things that you think you may not need it and it may end up being a great asset in the future. I good example is when I was going to High School. Back in 1988, yes a long time ago. We did not have computers everywhere like today. I took a typing class. Back then only women would take those classes because they wanted to be secretaries. I did not want to be a secretary but this room was full of beautiful women. Everyone thought me and my friend were crazy to take this class. Little did I know I was going to use those skills for a great part of my life.

• Hello everyone. My name is LBDemaree.

• I am in no industry nor do I have a profession.

• I plan to use my new coding skills in college, as I’m taking two courses on the 18th until the 13th of April.

• I’ve been working on another website as well to learn code, but this website seems more fun to learn code!

• I use Codeacademy to learn more coding for school, and as a hobby.

• My favorite thing about Codeacademy is it’s almost like freeCodeCamp.

• I’m currently taking the Learn Python course, and I’m stuck on it.

• As for any meetups or events, I have never been to one, as this is my first time being on here.

• I do not have any examples of work that I’ve done using the skills I’ve learned here at Codeacademy.

Hello Everyone.
I’m an IT student. Come here to learn more about technology and coding language.
Mi website is [link in profile]
Gretings…

Hi, I’m Stefan
A 55 year old computer enthusiast, I’m just interested in everything. I came to Codecadamy because of the learning path ‘data science’.
Actually just to learn, but the people here in the forum also have very interesting stories …
I learn data-science as an update for my previous Perl / Tk experience (exclusively as a hobby).

I am very pleased to meet you
greetings Stefan

Hello! I’m Ray. I’m 23 years old and I currently work as a Heavy Equipment Operator out at a Rock Quarry. I’m needing a career switch. My back and legs need me to make a career switch lol. I love computers. I figured I’d try getting into something computer related and discovered Codecademy in my search. So far I’m just beginning the Web Developer path and I’m loving it! I hope you all are doing well. Looking forward to the future.

Hello everyone! I’m Hajeirah(or Hazal). :smile: I’m actually a 20 year old English Literature and linguistics student. I have very little idea about coding and programming, so i kinda feel inferior as compared to all of you CS and software engineer students. :smiley: By mistake, i clicked “inspect element” on face book and saw a huge box full of weird letters,slashes and semi-colons. That really piqued my interest. I searched about that and found out that everything on the internet is made up of codes:be it websites, games,or anything. Curiosity fired up and i decided to learn coding on my own. Searched a lot about where i can learn coding and noticed that many people suggested this site: Code Academy. I have a dream to build a beautiful website where i can write my own story. Currently, I’m taking an html course, and so far, i’m really enjoying it!
Thanks for making this site! <3

Hi, everyone! Im a geek, indie filmmaker, gamer, Star Wars fan who is learning HTML, CSS and JS. I ll launch my first website soon!

See you around1

Hello everyone!

My name is Daniel. Professionally I am in the health industry specifically pharmaceutics and alternative healthcare. I practice Ayurveda alongside working in a local pharmacy. I have always wanted to learn coding and am looking forward to being able to incorporate the skills I learn here to possibly have a side career to help my plans of having a low/no cost clinic for my local community.
I really like the interactive nature of Codecademy’s courses. So far I have taken the HTML and CSS classes and am working on the website building course and the Bootstrap course.
My plans are to take courses to widen my knowledge base and be a full stack developer so as to be able to do both freelance and possibly professional work.
Thank you to all of the contributors on here who are helping make this type of info more easily accessible and low cost so that everyone can reach it!

Take care,
Daniel

• Who are you?
    I’m Philip Denys
  • What is your industry and profession?
    I am a digital marketer at a jewel/watch company
  • Were do you plan to use your new coding skills? Personally/professionally?
    Professionally and in the personal environment
  • Why do you use Codecademy and what is your favorite thing about it?
    I use Codecademy to keep up to date with the latest programming languages like JS and PHP (looking into Python, but should I master the other ones first?)
  • What courses have you taken, or are planning to take?
    I’m refreshing up on JS (es6)
  • Have you been to any of our meetups, or events?
    nah, I don’t have the time because of the kids :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Do you have any examples of work that you have done using the skills you learned at Codecademy?
    Not yet, I don’t have any work worth sharing yet, but i’ll update this post when it happens :wink:

Hello Everyone:
I am a pharmacist and I would love to transition into something that would combine coding with health care…Perhaps develop programs or apps to use on computers, tablets and smart phones. I’m currently taking the Web Development path to achieve my goals. I just joined yesterday but I’m very excited to learn and develop new coding skills!
Cheers!!

hey i am in 8th grade and some of the coding work is hard and i find myself just pushing solution every time how can i do better i am also 13 so yeah all good and i am about to turn 14:confounded::confounded::pensive:

Hi there, I’m Brian Petersen

I work at a hospital in the IT department - mainly as a project manager for now - rolling out Windows 10 to the 6000 computers we have. I also do troubleshooting and maintenance.

I have tried getting into coding for the fun of it the last year or so, but it seems I had the approach wrong. I started really big with creating a inventory management program using SQLite and C#. I have realized I need more basic skills for this to work.
I have grabbed Python instead, as it seems more straight forward. The book I got in C# is great, but very “american” - more pages, more money :slight_smile:

I found Codecademy in a weekly mail I subscribe to and thought it might be a nice place to get a structured look at coding. I am currently chewing my way through Python 3 intro courses and really like the way I get feedback pronto. :smiley:

I will drop it here, when I feel I have something share-worthy.

Ohh and I am 42 and from Denmark. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m a student looking for a new hobby! :smile: I’m learning Python right now (I’ll probably start on Java or Ruby when I finish, if I’m patient enough :upside_down_face:). Hopefully I’ll be sticking around for a while longer! Cheers! :wave:

Ssup! ~

i’m an 20y.o. it-student. i decided to start learning programming with html, css and javascript, then try something more complicated, cause i really want to work in game development.

hope you are all having a good day!

Sup, Im a 20 year-old bluesman that currently lives in assisted housing in germany who wants to see if coding is for me and maybe will do it professionally. Im creative and I love tech.

Who are you?
Benjamin Michael Johnson
What is your industry and profession?
Web development, contract worker
Where do you plan to use your new coding skills? Personally/professionally?
In a professional setting certainly, and personally as well I’m sure
Why do you use Codecademy and what is your favorite thing about it?
The graphic interface is great and the content is exceptional
What courses have you taken, or are planning to take?
Trying to finish JavaScript, then move along the web development path indicated for me
Have you been to any of our meetups, or events?
No I only discovered Codecademy recently

Hi , I am David and I do not work in IT but in financial services. I am just looking to learn some new skills and maybe one day would like to build my own website from scratch. So far Codecademy has been great I love the courses and the easy to follow instructions. I have taken a number of the intro courses so far but loving it and keen to learn more.