Welcome to our forums! Please Introduce Yourself

Hey
My name is Jeff!
I am from the United Kingdom
I like to talk to people, and am on here to learn to code in many different languages
Thanks for creating this site!

• Jeff

Hi! My name is Ciara and I am from Arizona. I love talking to all people and am glad to be able to use this site. I also can’t wait to learn how to code.

I can’t wait to get to know all of you as I have got to know @lolfail. It will be so much fun.

Hi everyone.
I’m Jay and I’m a student. I’m studying languages, but I also plan to study physics after I get a PhD in linguistics (hopefully). Learning coding is a sort of intersection for me of my interests. These languages help one to create simulations, process data and do so much more cool stuff that could help me with physics. Although I’m a newbie, I find everything I’ve learned so far very fun and interesting. I’m currently learning Python, and then I plan to learn C++, SQL and Java. Maybe more after that, but it depends on what I’ll need at that point. I also want to learn how to make computer games, but rather than commercially, I just want to lean for myself. If I manage to create something in a similar format as Undertale one day, I’d be ecstatic.
Hope to talk with some of you guys soon ^.^ :slight_smile: :herb: :sunny: :alien:

Hello everyone. I am a novice coder and late-starter in life. I will be turning 33 in a few days and just graduated less than a year ago with a B.S. in Physics. I am looking forward to developing my coding and development skills on here. I’ll be starting graduate school in fall of 2019, so hopefully this site will help play a role in my advancement. Future thanks for any and all help!

Heyo,

I’m Carsen, age 19, and I’m currently in the Airforce as a Weather Forecaster- been in for about a year and a half.

I used to want to really get into coding when I was younger, but I had a lot going on and I was still finding my bearings somewhat. But now Im looking to really strive for it now, to potentially make it my carrer outside of the Airforce. Along side making it a carrer, I also love video games, and am currently looking to implement my skills Im learning here twords personal game projects of my own.

Currently Im taking on the Web developer path, and Ive been programming for just about a month now. Im making it my goal to finish this entire web development path ASAP, and move on to building a more robust portfolio to help land me my first job! Also planning on going back to school for my bachelors in Software Engineering, while Im still in the Airforce for the next five years.

I look forward to learning and working with you all!

:evergreen_tree: Happy Holidays everyone! :evergreen_tree:

Hi everyone, I’m Matt I’ve been interested in programming for a few years but just recently got serious about it. I started with android applications which then required Java knowledge so i transitioned to that and got up to the switches before someone told me that if i learn all of java or get good at it, that they would be extremely surprised “because it is so difficult”…So that discouraged me and then I decided about a week and a few days ago that i really wanted to get into this, there are just too many applications and possibilities not to.

This time i wanted to become an ethical hacker because i want to help protect people that don’t know a thing about how to protect themselves. I got the VM with Kali Linux and realized that you have to have coding knowledge to hack. (facepalm Duh, right? lol) Then i went into JavaScript only to find out that i wasted a few days on that because it didn’t have the ability to do what i needed. So i did the research i should have done in the first place and found Python, I fell in love from the first variable declaration. I love Python so much that after about 4 or 5 days of lessons, i began coding a decision/text game…over 150 lines of code and 4 hours, I realized how long it had been and that it was 2 AM so I had to stop LOL. So now, I want this to be my career and I am working as hard as i possibly can to get there.
I have rambled enough,
Happy coding everyone!!
P.S This community is awesome!

Hi everyone,

My name is Yury. I work as a business developer in a blockchain start up called “Sweetbridge”.

I would like to move to the product management side and do need to understand how coding works.

I also want to work with big data starting with small assignments to analyse macro trends in the current global economy and figure out what is the logical next step for it. Hence I mainly study Python and SQL now.

It would be awesome to team up with like minded coders in order to create interesting and useful projects.

HI,
My name is Patty and I am new to the forum .
I will be starting the Web Developer Course after the holiday.
I know basic html and some CSS, but would like to become more proficient with both and learn other languages.

Hello and Happy New Year! I’ve been working as a technical writer on/off for the past 30 years. (Yes, I know I don’t look that old.) I’d like to learn enough coding to be able to develop software documentation, specifically API documentation. Any suggestions on which courses may be best suited for my goals?

• Who are you?
    I am Dave Brown.
  • What is your industry and profession?
    I am here to learn more coding knowledge for hopefully college.
  • Were do you plan to use your new coding skills? Personally/professionally?
    Hopefully in a job!
  • Why do you use Codecademy and what is your favorite thing about it?
    I am still new so I will continue to investigate here.
  • What courses have you taken, or are planning to take?
    I am starting HTML.
  • Have you been to any of our meetups, or events?
    Not yet.
  • Do you have any examples of work that you have done using the skills you learned at Codecademy?
    Not yet, I do not.

Well, that is some things about me. :smiley:

Hello! I’ve been busy learning courses her, so I haven’t been that active here currently in the Forums. I joined here on December 10th, 2018. I’m happy to be here!

Hi everyone!

My name is Maddie, I’m 23 and work in healthcare.
I’m currently half way through my Masters in Biostatistics and proficient in R, Stata, SAS, and SPSS, and here to learn SQL and Python!

Anyone else in a similar area??
Hope everyone has a good day :slight_smile:

Hey everyone.

Im Baz, im 30 and live in the U.K.

I currently work in a factory, its not a place I want to be in hence me being here trying to learn new skills. I took the Computer Science path and im currently half way through the Python section and im really enjoying it.

I have to say though, I am abit doubtful of online learning. where do you go from here after completing a path? How do i make myself more attactive to potential employers? is there any success stories from people that used Codecademy and managed to find a job afterwards?

I"m Jason, and I just play ROBLOX and I’m just the kind of person that just likes video games and stuff like that, can’t think of anything more.

I’m an old man trying to learn new things

I have been in testing for 8 years and never could learn the coding bits and just kinda fumbled around till I got what I needed working.

I want to use the coding skills to help people similarly to how codecademy is helping me–bettering their lives. I haven’t define how yet.

I this place is helping me learn how to code so i can find a way to help people with my code.

I have taken the HTML and some of the CSS stuff, and completed the SQL bits in the Data Scientist path. I have also completed the code foundations path.

I haven’t been to any meet ups

I was able to write my own query to help me retrieve data quickly on one of my projects. Thank you very much for helping me learn this stuff.

I want to say to everybody don’t get discouraged and keep trying!

-Jesse

Hello!

My name is Jake and I am currently a University student.

I joined Codecademy in order to make a major change in my life. After jumping from major to major, I have come to realize that I want to work in a field that I am truly passionate about: Technology. Specifically, I want to learn programming so that I can enter the game industry (if not that then I am fine with being a software engineer!),

I have just finished the Code Foundations course and I think I am now going to pursue the Computer Science path and see where it goes. So far, my favorite thing about Codecademy is its accessibility. Unlike my Grade 9 Computer Science class, I don’t feel as though I am being overwhelmed with too many instructions at once. I am able to understand what I am being told and I am grateful that the website allows me to learn things at my own pace.

I have not been to any meetups yet but I am willing to attend some if my schedule permits. As for work, I don’t have any to show yet but I will in time!

And…that’s about it! I look forward to working with all of you and I look forward to learning whatever you wish to teach me! :blush:

Hi, my name is Elizabeth. I am 29 and a mother of three and step-mother of two.
I have taken classes for Java, javaScript, HTML, and CSS. I’m currently unemployed and hope to finish college within the next two years (slowly but surely) and find a career suited for my situation.
I enjoy learning to code and trying different things. I’ve been using Codeacademy since my first college courses two years ago (like I said, slowly but surely).
I don’t have any examples of work because I don’t feel I know enough or have gotten good enough to really put together anything worth-while but I hope to eventually have enough knowledge to have a career doing something I enjoy.

Hi all,

I am an IT professional, running an IT business in Caracas, Venezuela. :smile:
I am here to do some refreshing and extend my knowledge about Web Development, Java and programming in general.

Cheers.

Welcome @danyal1414 Hope you enjoy it here.
I am new as well and so far it seems to be a really nice community.

Hey Guys!
I’m an Accountant and Economic Student, but also love to learn all the things about computer, coding, Program Language etc. and i’m from INDONESIA!!! nice to meet you guys!.

and i hope i can learn something new from this site to improve my Computer Skill, and i need your help to improve mine.

Thank You so much!!!