Welcome to our forums! Please Introduce Yourself

Hi everyone :smile: My name is Arianne. I have been learning to code for more than half a year now, and I still discover new things every day! Although I enjoy this very much and even consider it to be my hobby, I am not sure if I want to do something with my skills in the future. I don't have a job yet, and I want to think about my future very carefully before I choose what I want to be.
I am Dutch and also still learning English, so I'm sorry if I made any mistakes.
My knowledge about coding and computers is not very extensive, so any advice is welcome.
Good luck with your coding everyone, and I want to wish you all a merry Christmas :smile:

Hi everyone, I'm Marcus. I don't really want talk about age but in my opinion, never is too late to start a new project, that is why I join code academy. I have some personal project that I would like to develop my self. I from Brazil but I'm living in Florida for many years. I'm new at web developer that's why I am counting with a lot of help. I expect be useful for someone in a near future. I am in computer business for 7 year, installing and configuring network but i want go deeper, I want create my own website. I hope code academy will expend my knowledge.

A post was split to a new topic: could u help me with 20 plz

Hello! My names Mina, and I'm a foreign exchange student originally from America and am now spending my time in Korea! It was recommend to me back in the states. :smiley: The real reason why I'm in Korea, is because, I WANT TO BECOME AN IDOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm 16.

A post was split to a new topic: What does AlbionsRefuge do all day?

Continuing the discussion from About the Stories category:

My name is Afam, a Mauritian based Nigerian. I found out about this great site last June and i have been learning Python ever since. I knew some coding in Java,HTML/CSS, ASP.Net, C,SQL before now but would love to use this most interactive platform to refresh and improve on all my IT skills. Great way to go guys. Willing to help newbies as well as have strong hands to help me too. Already in touch with a great Brazilian wizz kid. Hope to conclude Python before end of this week. Thanks CODE ACADEMY!!!

Yeah. It is pretty normal to have Asperger's syndrome,

I have it too. :blush:

Heya everybody! I'm a team lead for a server infrastructure team at a Fortune 500 company. I've come here to learn how to do some programming in my spare time. I plan on learning JavaScript and jQuery to write some web apps for our internal customers. I have already taken the Python courses and have used the knowledge gained there to write some scripts to grab, present, and email information to our customers from some linux servers.

I'm excited to be back and look forward to seeing how I can use JavaScript and jQuery to further improve our business.

Hello everyone,

I am Mohanad Falih from Iraq, I am a computer engineer and my age is 23 years old.
I love programming languages very much and specially HTML,CSS,JS,PYTHON,RUBY and PHP.
one thing I must admit and that is I was to late to learn programming which is my true passion and the reason that made my be late of learning this is that I could not find the suitable resources even in the university but finally I found my path with codeacademy and I am practice on coding every day and willing to master the languages that I love most,
thank you so much codeacademy and for you platform and the great resources that you giving to use each day :smile:

I am Ruth - re-learning SQL so that I can build myself some databases.

Who are you?
I am Quantum Logic Plumber. I am 13 years old. I have Asperger Syndrome.
What is your industry and profession?
Nothing really.
Were do you plan to use your new coding skills? Personally/professionally?
Both. :smile:
Why do you use Codecademy and what is your favorite thing about it?
Well, because I need to code, sillies!
What courses have you taken, or are planning to take?
HTML/CSS, Build a Website. I am now taking PHP. I may later take Ruby, I'm not sure.
Have you been to any of our meetups, or events?
I was planning to come to the cinemar, but couldn't.
Do you have any examples of work that you have done using the skills you learned at Codecademy?
My Codebits, which I haven't shared.
Do you have a cool story to tell about how Codecademy helped you achieve your goals?
Not yet.

Hey Guys and Gals,
I'm white__hat or well at least I'm aspiring to be one....
anyways I'm just 14 and have a huge passion for computer programming and I wanna make a future out of it!:smile: I'm just always fascinated by how computers work and how they came into being anyway I was looking for a good place to start to learn code as a base "build up":laughing: So... I kept looking for a place to learn code and everything and I happened to stumble upon this site and I love it. I am hugely grateful for the people who started this website! I'm currently learning HTML code from codecademy so I guess I'll be seeing you guys around! See you and happy CoMpUtINg :wink:

Hi everyone,
My name is David and i'm not really sure what I am professionally anymore, lol. I think that's what i'm using Codeacademy to help me rediscover. I'm currently studying Ruby as part of the DevBootCamp admissions process here in San Deigo, CA. For the past 7.5 of the last 10 years I've been a project manager in the healthcare software industry working with hospitals and medical facilities implement electronic health record and claims management applications.

I'm hoping to use Codeacademy in tandem with DevBootCamp and other resources to jump start my career after spending the last 2.5 years unemployed, surviving cancer and homelessness. I'm also studying to take the CCNA R/S and Cloud exams early next year.

Hi Everyone here, I am Kenneth and I have been working as a Jr. Website Developer. I want to build some mobile apps on my own, so that is why I want to learn some new programming languages and technologies here.

Hi all, I'm 45 yrs old, from the UK (Brighton). Currently a co-director of my partners PR agency, and carer for 2 young children. Have dabbled in IT for years, but a growing curiosity in coding has led me here. Looking / hoping to gain a new skill-set for future career benefit!

My name is Edouard. I'm an artist. I practiced painting, sculpture and writing. Now I want to learn code to create game that develop "attention" ability.

Hi everyone

I'm from San Francisco and I really love Codeacademy. I want to develop some apps and maybe even working in Silicon Valley. It's very interesting to work with JavaScript and Python. :grinning: Also, I'm really interested in programming so I set out to complete all the courses in Codeacademy

Hey, Fellow Programmers!

I'm a high school student from the Philippines, currently taking a Computer Programming course, and planning on taking a Computer Science course for IB. I'm currently a Sophomore, and I love to write, code, and rock climb. (Yeah, I know. It's an odd skill-set.) I'm currently using Codecademy to get ahead in my class, and learn some extra things that I might not necessarily learn in class.

My favorite thing about Codecademy is the simplicity it uses. I can fully understand what's going on without a bunch of gibberish clouding the basics. I feel like I fully understand the topics the courses teach. I'm currently taking Python, and I'm thinking of maybe going into Ruby, or PHP later on.

Overall, I'm really happy with my experience with Codecademy, and the Discussion Forum is extremely helpful! I can't wait to venture into the world of programming, and meet some awesome people.

Lone Writer

Hello everyone,

I'm a young high schooler from Ann Arbor Michigan and I hope to become a progammer in my future, especialy in video game or software development.

Hi I'm Vin. I am brand new to Codecademy and interested in learning new skills. I work with technology partners in the wealth management business providing business requirements and managing projects. I am primarily interested in coding for personal reasons and to just keep learning. I'm currently taking the very first HTML, CSS and bootstrap class. Great to be here. Oh yeah, not sharing my age as I hate to admit it to myself. But I still feel young and will always be immature.