Welcome to our forums! Please Introduce Yourself

Hello all! I am new to Codecademy but it's going fairly fast. I'm of middle years, and am in the Atlanta, Georgia area. I have been fascinated with computers and have played with a number of drag-and-drop type website creators like the old Geocities, Wix, etc. I hope to learn enough to possibly earn some money with my newfound skills. Would love to hear from anyone who's done that, namely how you got from online class to professional.

Would also love to hear from anyone in my area, and if there are any coding newbie meetups in Atlanta (especially the northern 'burbs).

My work has been mainly with animals in the past, and am now working at a humane society. To put these interests together professionally would be ideal, but I am open to any lucrative opportunities.

Hawk Coders!

My name is Andrew, i am 26 years old electronics engineer and economist. few years ago i found out how coding is interesting, heard about codecademy, and my journey began.

Now i mainly work with Python and C, I use it for projects with raspberry pi and arduino. I am thankful to everybody that contribute to make codecademy live, because it has gave me a ton of knowledge that will help me to reach my goals.

Peace, Love & rocknroll !

Greetings Codecademy Community,

It is wonderful to meet you all. I just joined and except for the code I am doing now on "Code Year," I have never written a line of code in my life. Therefore, you are sure to see many questions from me. Yet I plan to be a positive contributing member as well.

A little about myself. I am an English teacher in South Korea and have been here the last 12 years. While I have a friend who writes code for a living, it had always seemed beyond me as my background was in the the humanities and math and logic were not my strongest skills. However, I have decided to change this.

The reason I want to learn to code is that I know it is a huge part of our world and I want to understand it and put it to use. I plan to start with the HTML & CSS courses, followed by Javascript. After that we will see.

Making a website and perhaps some programs/apps to use in my English classes is what I hope to accomplish by learning to code and if that goes well, then "The sky is the limit!"

Have a great day/night everyone!

Hope you enjoy coding!

I am Denise and I am over 50! I am just beginning Codecademy. . I want to learn coding to be able to do web design for myself and others.

A post was split to a new topic: Stuck on Bootstrap 6/8

Hello :slight_smile:

My first introduction to the programming and computing world was in HS where we were taught BASIC (mostly True BASIC :sweat_smile:)! I really had loads of fun and fond memories in that class.

After recently graduating in a totally different subject area, my interest in computing never really left me. So here I am, while working F/T I am also trying to self-learn so I am really thankful for codecademy making it a clear, simple and interactive learning process ! :kissing_closed_eyes:

Right now I am using my newbie skills to create simple discord bots! :stuck_out_tongue:

I don't know where the future will take me but I just know I am going to continue to learn coding because it is just so much fun :blush:

Hi everyone!

I'm Daniel, and I'm the new Community Manager around these parts. It's a pleasure to be here, and look forward to getting to know and help you all. :smile:

Over the next little while I'll be focusing on understanding the Codecademy community and its needs, and starting in Q1 trying out some initiatives of various sizes to see how we can best connect and engage Codecademy users. If you have feedback about the Codecademy community (beyond things like adding more courses or fixing any bugs, how can we best support the community e.g. via forums?), head over to the CM AMA thread! If you have a story you'd like to share, post it in #stories or DM me - we all love hearing them at CCHQ. There are more than a few Codecademy users, but I'll always do my best to reply to each of you!

A bit about me: I've been working in startups for a while and learned just enough coding to be able to hold a tech-driven conversation, but not as much as I'd like… that's something I'll be working on more now I'm at Codecademy. :slight_smile:

Happy coding / LLAP! :vulcan:

Hi there, everyone!

I'm Brin, and I've been poking around helping people on this forum for about a year, or so... I realized I never posted a hello!

I'm a high school-aged student, and I've been working on Codecademy for just North of 4 years now, I've finished the Java, PHP, Python, Command Line, Git, (both) HTML and CSS, Sass, and (both) JavaScript courses that Codecademy has to offer. I'm currently working on jQuery, and will probably be started SQL and data management courses soon enough.

My "first language", so to speak, is Python. In any and all ways, I am the most in depth with that language, and you'll see me helping out the most with that. I'm also pretty fluent in Java, JavaScript, and both HTML and CSS, so I poke around those forums a bunch too.

I'm always happy to help, and if I have an answer for you, I'll definitely give it to you. If my answers on the forums ever aren't clear (which they frequently aren't), feel free to let me know you're confused, and I'll answer it better the second time.

Outside of programming, I'm also an Air Traffic Controller and Pilot on the VATSIM network, up in Anchorage, Alaska, so feel free to poke me about that too!

I'm also always so happy to talk to everyone, in addition to just helping you out. If you ever want to talk to me, feel free to DM me, and I'll answer as soon as I can. If you've made it this far in the post, I applaud you.

I look forward to seeing everyone on the forums and hope that I can be helpful to everyone. See you out there!

Who are you?
I am Sam. Sam I am.
What is your industry and profession?
I'd prefer not to say.
Were do you plan to use your new coding skills? Personally/professionally?
I want to make games,
Why do you use Codecademy and what is your favorite thing about it?
If the website is this awesome, you guys HAVE to know what your talking about.
What courses have you taken, or are planning to take?
I've know like half a college course in Python, but I'm starting up here with Javascript.
Have you been to any of our meetups, or events?
Do you have any examples of work that you have done using the skills you learned at Codecademy?
console.log("Hello World!");
Do you have a cool story to tell about how Codecademy helped you achieve your goals?
Not yet, but I'm hopeful.

Yelloow, Chris here 23yrs old, used to mess with coding since I was a kid. Now I decided to come back and learn again since I studied IT and Entrepreneurship. Trying to develop my skills within HTML,CSS,JS,VBA,cmd and learn new language. I speak:Swe,Esp,Eng,tiny Fr and learning Pl :100: :100: :vulcan::grin:

hi, everyone!
My name is Lena, and I'm a 17 year old high schooler from Israel.
I started learning how to code on the CS course Harvard put out on edx.org-CS50.
I wanted to learn coding, since my goal in life is to be a digital nomad and live far from my job.
Then, I discovered that actually-writing code is a lot of fun. See, I'm a nerd, so I love math and I the challange, but since it's very abstract it's not as fun as it could have been.
Coding has both the challanging nature of math, and the practicality it's lacking.
When I'm done with CS50 course on edx.org, I'll focuse more on code academy. I already see some fun looking projects I could do here.

Hi Everyone.

I am Hamza, 19 years old Pakistani.. just a under-grad student. I have a passion for Computer Sciences, programming and cyber security. But i'm just getting started. I joined Codecademy a few months, or maybe a year ago Codecademy is my first step to learn programming. Also learning from Null-Byte and eBooks. I'm not learning programming to just get hired, It's just that I love computers. Ihave used windows, Linux and Android. Linux is just awesome. I have completed skills of HTML, CSS. My next goal is to master Python, Bash, Command Line and Java.

hello everyone, my name is Blessing. I love to learn how to code. presently i'm working on Python but as much as many of you see it as simple I have been experiencing some challenges with it. I have a background in the art and I struggle with Maths but I believe with hard work and your support on this platform coding will soon become a piece of cake

Uh Hi....My name is Tron and my age is secret but I might be surprisingly young considering my computer knowledge and grammar "^-^
I really love computers and my plan is to be a Computer Engineer when I grow up...My backup jobs are Animator and Game developer...I'm really shy sometimes...Especially since I just joined codecademy.....But uh....Hi...
Also, I'm a huge geek and nerd I guess...My geeky side is into video games and Anime....Lots of anime....My nerdy side loves to read and code and other "smart" things.....So that's all...

I am called Kiyimba Samson From Uganda and i am very happy to join codecademy program. I am 19 years old and i like technology that's why i went for codecademy. I am new here but i hope you guys can help me because i am stack on making an image a link.

A post was split to a new topic: What does print count_to mean?

A post was split to a new topic: Could not restore my workspace

A post was split to a new topic: Python trip calculator I'm off by 0 .01

Hello everyone. I am just dabbing in the whole coding community. I enjoy it so far.