Welcome to our forums! Please Introduce Yourself

Hey people!
Very Excited to start using my Code Academy account. I’ve created a few months ago and then never found the time to start any courses. I’m a student currently still in school and am using the Python course to better my skills and knowledge to further my school work. I’m planning to one day study in a programming field and thought why not start now!

7 Likes

Hi all you modern magicians…

My name is Olivier, I’m a maker of lots of things. I make money by making websites, but lately I’ve got very bored being freelance and earning not very much. So I decided to enter the big leagues.

Suddenly I had a problem, I’ve been more or less haphazardly teaching myself incrementally more and more so I can get by, and stepping outside wordpress theme development and static site coding was a bit like being hit by a bus. I learned to use the Roots software, and enjoyed everything I learned, and wanted to see how wide this world spread. I dipped my toe into ReactJS, here on codecademy, and one week later, I’m hooked.

Filling in my blanks, that’s ____ I hope to achieve. And then learning everything there is to learn :imp:

Outside of coding, I draw and paint, and make clothes. I live in London, where it doesn’t rain as much as everyone expects, but it does rain more than we’d like. Except for when we have water shortages; then everyone’s pissed at everything.

8 Likes

Hello All! I am a senior in high school who enjoys Harry Potter, Star Trek, science, and especially music. I play in a band with my friends(keyboard and sometimes bass), and also play for various school groups(piano).

I will be attending college next year for digital communications and joined Codecademy to get a head start on the coding I would be learning in college. I’d rather have some idea of what I’m doing than be a total newbie and have to figure it all out at college pace as we’re learning it.

I work as a retail associate and will probably be doing that all through college. I hope to be a web designer, developer, or a video/sound editor.

My favorite thing about Codecademy is how reliable and helpful all the users are. As far as I’ve seen there is no room for off-topic discourse or hate - something hard to come by on the internet! All-around, Codecademy is a website full of kind people who love coding, and who wouldn’t want to be a part of that?

I have taken the HTML/CSS course, the Make a Website course, the 15-minute activities, and am currently working through JavaScript. I hope to finish the JS course before the year is over and start the Java or JQuery courses.

I have not been to any meetups or events.

I look forward to meeting fellow new coders and getting/giving help to others in the future!
Happy Coding
~B.

11 Likes

I’m Logan! I joined codecademy back when I was around the age of 12. Right now I am 15 and my sole programming language is Java! I first joined codecademy back then because I had some odd obsession with programming in Java and mistook JavaScript for Java. Anyways, JavaScript was fun anyways and I would come back and work through a bit of the lesson every once in a while. Anyways why am I here now? I was browsing my old github account that I had never actually done anything on, and I saw that @zystvan was following it. I remembered him because he helped me with jquery once. So, I checked out his account and saw that he had come a really far way. So, I am here hoping that @zystvan will see this post so that he knows I am impressed. :wink:

9 Likes

Hello

My name is Carlin. My journey to Code Academy started a few weeks ago.
I was in a car accident, not too long ago. Injuries caused me to change my lifestyle.
I use to be able to run 10 km rather comfortably, now walking 1 km is a challenge.
In order not to lose my mind to the pain, I enrolled for the free course of Udacity - mobile app development. The course is great.
The more I did it, the more I realized I wanted to learn how to code. My partner suggested that I try Code Academy.
And here I am, loving it.

11 Likes

Hi, my name is Hudson, and I’m a senior in high school. I recently decided to try going beyond a coding app called Petit Computer on my 3DS, so now I’m learning JavaScript. From what I’ve seen, it’s very similar to the BASIC language I’m familiar with, so it’s really easy so far. I don’t have any serious goals or aspirations for coding yet, but there’s certainly no harm in learning for fun. If nothing else, I can use an actual computer now instead of a 3DS.

11 Likes

Hello there, my name is Tanner Ghosen.
I’m still in high school, but I want to learn more computer programming than I do in school (which is basically how I ended up here!)
I’ve been here for a while, but I haven’t introduced myself… until now. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Hey, all. I have a background in moviemaking and marketing — both of which continue to transition into digital. I don’t have a background in using code to actually create things directly on a computer and without any tools other than a computer. So I’m here to level up. Cheers!

11 Likes

Hello. My background is mostly in networking and security. So coding is another facet that I need to learn to get my bachelor’s degree. I plan on having a lot of fun learning all the languages here. I’ve always loved computers since I was a kid and learning to manipulate them in all kinds of ways if purely fascinating for me.

11 Likes

Hello I go by F(ox) pronounced “f of O X”
I started learning to code after I went to my school student resources office and they gave me an outdated list of affordable housing. There has to be a better way for students and community members to find resources. Surprisingly my local community doesn’t have a searchable online guide that makes sense.
Long story short I have to make my own.
First I am learning Ruby so I can make a quick and dirty website to connect people to local resources based on need. While I am learning Ruby I am compiling a small database of local resources.
At this time I am not sure if my database will be embedded or stand alone. if anyone has any experience with either let me know.
Thank you code academy for empowering ever day people.

11 Likes

Hello there, I’m Karolina and I’m from Poland. I’ve been around for a while with Cocademy, started some courses but never really finished them. I only got motivated to do some more programming because I took a Python class at my university and now I’m just roaming around, trying to help people and improve my understanding of Python as well. I’m hoping I can get some side-job with that.

8 Likes

Am Sean from Nigeria, A late starter in computer training, I decided to learn coding in Python which i see as a stepping stone ,i will be using the profession for personal and professional purpose as i plan to start ecommence website, I was introduced from a tech website. I’m in my first stage of Python subsequently heading for web development but i plan to take all tutorials here if find possible .Lol
I have not engage in any meetup or even yet. Looking forward to share my store about Codecademy.com soon.
Thanks.

8 Likes

I’m Alexander, from Moscow.
When I have free time from being a bear, riding a monocycle and powering up my portable nuclear station I like to learn new languages and cry every time I am reminded of JS, because as I’ve been told “Those who’ve seen JS never laugh again”.
I’m learning languages because I want to make games. I’m a storyteller in heart, and what’s the best way to tell a story than with a game? It’s the best way simply because the player himself is a part of a world he plays in. The story may change depending on players actions, that’s another plane of realism, hehe.
Also I’m looking for a job right now, so more languages is better, right?

Eh, I’m not that good at greetings or bravado. Let’s just say I’m a guy who likes telling stories. Nice to meet you all ^^

8 Likes

Hello. I’m just learning to code. I’m currently 26% of the way through the Ruby coding course and while in a certain way it seems quite simple, it’s also a bit difficult to follow and confusing. I find I don’t understand a lot of the instructions and I have to remember too much. I do hope I can continue to work on it productively.

8 Likes

Hi My name is oluwamayowa. I am A computer Engineer/networker. I have always wanted to Learn How To Code Please Who Could Help me?

7 Likes

Hi Everyone, My name is Ola - A Business Analyst with a business background and have a limited knowledge of how software is developed. Today is my first time on this forum - learning how to code! As a Business Analyst, I am representing the business users to ensure that we build working software. This can only be done by effective communication with the project team includes: Developers and other stakeholders. Learning how to code will make my job to be more interesting and fulfilling - understanding and translating business requirements into technical specifications.
I look forward to learning some programming language like; Html, Python, JavaScript, CSS and Ruby. I am glad to join Code Academy.

Thanks to everyone on this platform.

9 Likes

Hi Everyone! My name is Shadow and i am a student. I gained interest in programming a few years ago and I have just started programming this year. Thanks!

8 Likes

Hello!

My name is Joe and I am really enjoying learning Python on CodeAcademy. I am also taking Interactive Python on Coursera and it is cool to have both resources while I learn. CodeAcademy really helps me in the Coursera class.

I am Head of Analytics at a Multi-Channel Network and plan to use my new Python skills to extract data from APIs and all kinds of data crunching jobs. I am also a Certified Advanced programmer in SAS.

12 Likes

Hi there all,

Am new to all this, Am changing careers and looking forward to coding. If anyone could suggested a good beginners course, that would be great!

TY all

11 Likes

Hello, my name is David.

Nice to meet you all. I am currently learning the HTML & CSS course. My profession is in programming. I would like to use my coding skills into more complex projects and improve on my technical skills as well. Codecademy seems like a nice place to start learning, I also learn from a book of Programming Logic and Design. Although it seems Codecademy could be tweaked a little bit in my opinion, so far (the first 10 lessons) my learning experience has been enjoyable.

If I could, I would like to take courses and if there are any events or meetups I would enjoy going to them. When I get some great results of work that I have done, I will definitely bring them here, as well as any cool stories.

Thank you Codecademy for providing a free service and thank you community for allowing me to keep in touch with you.

12 Likes