Welcome to our forums! Please Introduce Yourself

Hi, I'm Karena and I'm new to learning coding!

Phil, UK based. Taking the Python module for cross platform scripting at work.

Hello, my name is Felipe, I'm from Brazil and I've 33 years old :scream: . I'm a completely nerd, so I like to spend my time learning news languages, listening music and playing with my kids :video_game: :notes: :floppy_disk: :family: .
I work developing systems part of time in my job, but one day I want to work with develop in full time. I'm good with Java/Android, PHP, JS, Jquery.
I've never been at an event, but one day I plan to be.

Thanks a lot for all the team of CodeCademy, you make my days better.

See ya.

"...new and old coders, UNITE! lol and lets learn from each other this digital creation tool called coding! Message me, or add me on Skype: Grasso2012."

My name is Robert but, you can call me Robie. I chose "helloworld" as my username because, just as that quote achieved greatness, I'm motivated to break new ground in the upcoming coding community. I have a bachelors in psychology and discovered that I have a passion for something less passionate; coding. Psychology was going to be easy money, sit and talk and get paid but all the while, I've been designing games with the galaxy editor; the same editor Blizzard uses to make World of Warcraft (WoW), Diablo, Warcraft, and Starcraft. I'd been in school, until i graduated in May of this year, since 2009 so I'm quite familiar with online forums.I created my editing team, consisting of about 25 editors in Jan of 2012, and have been managing it/making games since then. I intend to do the same here. So, new and old coders, UNITE! lol and lets learn from each other this digital creation tool called coding! Message me, or add me on Skype: Grasso2012.(refer to above) It's cool to see that I can go beyond the style controls provided, by using my new html knowledge to edit this post. How do I add a color to just a word? I want to start a group, like I've done before, Find me, and lets get this thing rolling!

http://www.sc2mapster.com/teams/team-genesis/
This is a link to Team Genesis that I created in 2012. I am the leader. I am very proud as it is a community of helpfuls that keeps going even after I've faded out (my gaming computer broke). So, instead of playing games, or making games for another company, I've fortunately been forced to this less graphic demanding form of creation, on a laptop, with intentions of investing my time into something that will have long term rewards.... as technology comes to rely on these languages. Soon, this knowledge will fall into our schools as general ed. Currently learning CSS. At the point specifically where I'm supposed to link the CSS file in the HTML file.

A post was split to a new topic: Job Opportunity

I'm Jenny,I'm self-teach code 3 months already,Now I just get stuck on Javascript.
https://twitter.com/webdeveplay
I live in San Francisco.

Greetings and Hello..
I am ema, from Malaysia..
I am a master students in database system.
I love to use this code academy.
hope you guys can learn together okay..
:smile:

I am planning to take Git, API(all), Java, and PHP

• Who are you?
    You can call me RompePC... it's my nick in places like this.
  • What is your industry and profession?
    Web developer, with no job.
  • Where do you plan to use your new coding skills? Personally/professionally?
    I started to learn programming in my web development grade (and also that's a reason why I decided to study it) because I wanted to learn about programming, as a needed prerrequisite to know how to code videogames. But well, I still didn't coded anything (too lazy for it :laughing: ).
  • Why do you use Codecademy and what is your favorite thing about it?
    I thinked that the fastest way to show a little experience in something would be doing the tutorials founded here, and because of no need to install anything of that in my computer to try.
  • What courses have you taken, or are planning to take?
    I've taken all languages courses and a few from web development. But my plan is to take all of the tutorials that can be found here (it's just a matter of time more than know how things works).
  • Have you been to any of our meetups, or events?
    Nope.
  • Do you have any examples of work that you have done using the skills you learned at Codecademy?
    Before entering yes. After entering, no.
  • Do you have a cool story to tell about how Codecademy helped you achieve your goals?
    Nope.

hi m nadir form Algeria and I work in youth center and m taking HTML courses here totally new to coding and m not sure what to do with it but I just wanted to learn it thank you !!

Hello everyone.

I am Justice Stratos from Ghana/WA. I have always had a passion for web technology - i actually just completed my degree in computer Science. But i totally suck at programming of any kind....lol.

Am here to hopefully get a hang of web programming and possibly do some mind-blowing stuff later on ....:smile:
Thanks

Hello, my name is Scot.
I am an aspiring software developer and I've decided to start learning AngularJS as a starting place. I work in the web development industry in a non-technical role, but I have a side business in which I do html development and I am now looking to broaden my skills. I am currently starting in the Codeacademy tutorials.

Hey, I'm Kelly, I'm 15 and live in a small town in Indiana. I became interested in coding a few years ago, but only just found Codecademy. I hope to do something with computer coding for my career in the future, but haven't had many opportunities to exercise this ambition.

Hello I am Samantha, I am 20 years old and an Information Technology student at a college and I am not learning what I have been sent to the college to learn. I first started coding when I was about 15 years old and was always looking to learn more and never found anything until just now when I found this website which will help me learn what I want to learn. :smile_cat: I am a cat person, my rl partner/boyfriend is in the United Kingdom, and he knows how to code a lot and I want to be able to learn more coding like he knows how to do so, even looking at my screen without me knowing that he is looking at what I am also looking at, which he is probably doing right now, but I know he is safe.

•Who are you? I'm a newb named chris.
•What is your industry and profession? Nope, just want to learn the coding magic.
•Were do you plan to use your new coding skills? Personally/professionally? I like micro controllers and making things do stuff.
•Why do you use Codecademy and what is your favorite thing about it? I use codecademy because I like the way it teaches me. I like how it crushes my brain and takes forever to figure it out...then like magic it comes to me and my code works, lol.
•What courses have you taken, or are planning to take? Sec + is all. I want to take more but need more time.
•Have you been to any of our meetups, or events? Nope.
•Do you have any examples of work that you have done using the skills you learned at Codecademy? Not yet.
•Do you have a cool story to tell about how Codecademy helped you achieve your goals? No cool stories yet.

Yay,

Chris

I'm Ryan..... but call me ragezapper if you'll please. :smiley:

I'm from South Korea... moved to California when I was 8 months old.

My dad is an engineer and knows C..... and I'm interested in coding... maybe games :smiley:

I found out about Codecademy from my sister, who's not interested in coding, but got a link from her friend about this, and said it was about coding. I, who was interested in those things, decided to try it out.

I finished JavaScript, halfway through Python, 1/5 the way through Java, and just started jQuery (no, seriously. I only did 1%). I plan to try to finish all those, but to be honest, I don't think Python is my strong side. Indenting is confusing :confused:. But you know, I'll get the hang of it :smiley: .

I can't show my skills, I can't say I'm good because I have never programmed for real, or did something that works. Sadly.

Oh yeah, as you can tell, I don't have an industry or profession... :smile:

hello everyone
i am akash. i am 21 years old and an electronics and telecomm student. why codeacademy? well i am very much interested in programming and want to improve my skills. as a penetration tester and i am hoping to improve my penetration testing skills by learning new programming languages.

I'm Tom, a computer science instructor in a rural high school. I'm new to Python and just barely staying ahead of my students. I haven't taught programming in quite a few years, but I really like Python so far. I've only been on CodeAcademy a few days, so I didn't even know about events. I do have a little question about the Pyg_Latin project, but I guess this is the wrong place to post it. Anyway, "Hi, everybody."

Hello all! I'm glad to see so many people taking part in the forums, and introducing yourselves!

Remember that you guys are the life of this forum! Nothing would be here if it wasn't for you all! :smiley: