Weekly Poll for July 20

:white_check_mark: Welcome to Our Weekly Poll :white_check_mark:

When you are learning to code, you need a code editor :memo:.

They can help you manage your files better, highlight syntax errors, auto-complete functionality and provide integrated features. It can really make your coding life easier.

What is your favorite code editor?

• Visual Studio Code
  • Sublime Text
  • Atom
  • Other, see below

0 voters

Feel free to share your favorite extensions or themes below.

5 Likes

I used to use Text Wrangler which is now defunct. So, I have BBEdit if I ever need it.
I’ve also used Notepad++ and Sublime. They’re fine too. But I don’t really use a code editor any more. I use Jupyter Notebook or Colab for Python.

3 Likes

VSCode here, with the Atom keymap extension (because I used to use Atom) and the SynthWave 84 theme. :+1:

It also talks directly to WSL, which is proving much more straightforward than having a VM…

2 Likes

Atom has proven to be a nice middle ground and fairly platform independent though I’d probably still drift to PyCharm whenever I encounter bigger projects.

3 Likes

I was going to put that I mainly program in punch card but since that option is not there I had to settle for sublime.

Real programmers just use punch card…

7 Likes

I’m voting for Repl.it. Especially when learning Javascript, it is soooo nice.

3 Likes

:rofl:
that’s before my time. Though, I worked with an engineer who was older and he would tell us about when he used punch cards. hahaha

1 Like

:laughing: Yah, you would need hundreds of punch cards just to run a program.

(No, I’m not that old but I know exactly what those are :laughing:)

2 Likes

I’m just going to drop this here

4 Likes

I know what I’m doing for the rest of my afternoon now. :facepunch: :credit_card:

4 Likes

I’m using Jupyter Notebook. I found it easy to use, only had problem while installing it’s Libraries. But you may found Pycharm Notebook muchhh more :yum:. Want to know why

If you also read Medium Articles and having problem for its Free Articles here’s a Secret Tip :shushing_face:.

Just Open Incognito Tab in Chrome and paste the link to that Medium Article and Viola :star_struck::fire::grin:

Want to know something muchhh Big and Exciting

I’m in my End Week of Pro Access and Completed Data Science Path and even R Skill Path :fire::fire::fire:. And all that Thanx to all the people like You.

4 Likes

Great job! :fire: :fire: :fire:

2 Likes