Weekly Poll for August 4

:white_check_mark: Weekly Poll for August 4 :white_check_mark:

Hey Everyone,

It’s always good to complement your learning with other resources.
Sometimes it helps the topics stick better in our minds.

What are some other ways you learn about coding or the language you are learning?

• Searching online blogs, articles
  • Reading Books
  • Participating in Forums
  • Watching Videos
  • Listening Podcasts
  • Talking to another coder
  • Talking to myself

0 voters

(I know it’s Tuesday and weekly polls are normally Mondays. :grin:)

Feel free to comment below.

1 Like

Bingo! I’m interested if you all have some favorite podcasts. The only one I listen to regularly is Talk Python To Me but I’m all ears for other good ones (any language/technology).

1 Like

I have voted, however I feel there’s a glaring omission from your poll choices which should be the go-to for anyone who is stumped when it comes to their chosen language/framework/popular JS library…

Never underestimate the power of the official documentation. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve posted links here to learners asking how to do something which were to nothing more obscure than the language documentation. Python’s documentation is excellent, as are the docs for Swift, Kotlin, Java… and MDN is an excellent source of documentation for the web (HTML/CSS/JS).

Being able to find, read, and comprehend the docs is an essential skill in my opinion. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

“talk to myself”
that is 100% correct. :rofl:

I also consult official documentation for python, pandas, seaborn, etc. Though, sometimes it’s not as clear as it could be (IMO) and it just seems dense. But, after a few pass throughs and looking at other explanations, it makes sense (to me).

3 Likes

You are absolutely right! I do find, however, if you’re not really sure of what to look for in official documentation it can be daunting.

Adding one more option to the poll:

:white_check_mark: The Official Documentation :star2:

+1

3 Likes

Sometimes I listen to Developer-Tea it gives perspective on things.

2 Likes