[Week 2] Building the Habit

:grinning:Comment on this topic with your responses to prompts during your second week of the challenge. :memo:

1 Like

I find returning to codecademy at the same time every day helps reinforce the habit. I log on in the evening, between 8 - 9 pm for every day that I can. I feel odd if I can’t do codecademy at this time and try to reorganise time with friends/family around it if possible, also I am super relaxed if I have a special reason to break my streak - always nice to have a treat! I usually never get more than a 9/10 day streak but then i come back to it the next day. No point sweating over something as flexible as this!

7 Likes

Ah, I love the measured approach! Sounds like you’re setting yourself up for a sustainable habit. Keep checking in with us; love hearing how this is going for everyone.

2 Likes

You should keep the habit by trying to code every day, and at the same time. The best time, in my opinion, is 1pm to 2pm.

I definitely tend to do the lessons later, at 9-10 pm.

I dont know if its the quarantine or an actual habbit but I practice everyday, I feel like I need to do it or I feel something is missing in my day. Havent missed a day since april 4th

3 Likes

Congrats! That is my goal as well! What are you learning right now?

I am on the Web Dev path currently at React components, what about you?

I am also doing the Web Dev path. Today marks exactly two weeks since I started, and I couldn’t have been happier. Just finished Intro to JS!

1 Like

Hello everybody. I started as well the 30 day challenge since the second day. I’am really good at creating a habit since a believe in the power of micro habit and I really know that in order to create a habit you should definitely set your own time and your own standard. For me is working about 2 hours with CodeAcademy and then switching during the day’s reading or watching different articles. My challenge is something else, I really enjoy learning how to code but in the end I don’t know if I have going to have a strong passion about coding, like riding a bicycle. Usually when I learn something new I kind of develop the habit during the way. I hope this coding journey goes well for me and for you as well. :pray: