Web Dev Independent Project - Fencing Club Website - asking for some feedback!

Hello everyone! :hugs:
I’m following the Front-End Engineer path and a good learning experience came to me: someone from my family asked if I could redo the website of his fencing club, he was trying to do it on its own but got a bit lost.

The website is now done and online, he’s really happy of the outcome but I would like some feedback on it and maybe some help:
I had some issues with the footer, I couldn’t get it responsive AND at the bottom of my pages, it’s most of the time ok but I know it’s not perfect and that bothers me. (there’s some ugly code :cold_sweat:)
To be honest, I had some issues with the whole responsive part of the website, despite it being the last course I took :sweat_smile:

You can find the website here: Woluwe Escrime. (tell me if I have to upload my code somewhere else)

I’m a bit anxious cause it’s my first real project, first time posting and english is not my native language :sweat_smile:
hopefully is everything comprehensive!

Thanks in advance for the feedback! :sunny:

2 Likes

Wow, good job on the website! Very cool sport. Good job on your English, too.
• I think that resizing the graphics so that there is less of a need to scroll makes the website a bit easier to follow.
• When zooming, some of the photos are cut off or they overlap other photos.

• When resizing the window, the text and/or photos overlap.

Consider:
-Contact us
• votre nom
• votre adresse e-mail
• votre message ici!

In the footer, the links maybe easier to read if the heading size was larger-maybe h3 or h2. Also, maybe place the links into 2 columns. Have links to open n a new window.

1 Like

Hello

I am a front dev learner like you. I would like to look at the code and test it myself. If you want can send me the files and will do my best to help you.
By the way, the website looks nice at a first glance! Some minor details and is top class!

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your feedback! :hugs: Having everything clean when resizing is really my problem :hot_face:, I will look into everything you said. Thanks also for the tips for the footer, it clearly needs some changes :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh thank you! It would be a big help, how do I send you the code? a .zip file with everything in it?

Yes, that should be fine.

I looked a bit and I’m apparently not allowed to send .zip files so I uploaded the project on gitHub so you can download the code there!
https://github.com/ngoutsi/CEWeb.git
Hopefully is everything working! still getting used to github
thanks again! don’t hesitate if you need any code review on a project!

index.txt (12.5 KB)
readMe.txt (1.7 KB)
stylesheet.txt (16.7 KB)

Hi
I had to change the files type to .txt so I can upload them here. On GitHub, I don’t have access to your repository to upload.

The code should work when you convert them back to .HTML and .css .

Let me know what you think.

Thanks so much!
I can’t wait to look at your code!

Hi. Did you manage to check the files? Is everything ok?
I am curious about your feedback

Hi! Yes I was about to send you a message!