We should have a link of codecademy certificate

Once we get our certificate we should have a credential (a link),which we can use with our certificates .

One presumes that you want this so that you could add the course to Linked In, as discussed in the topic below:

The course completion certificates aren’t meant to be viewed in the same way as one might an AWS Developer certification, for example, because the Codecademy course - and ultimately your work throughout it - is not proctored nor rigorously examined. You can, throughout, simply ask for the solution and arrive at the same result.

Rather, they’re meant as proof that you have completed a course - so they’re more like a CPD* or training proof than a standardized “qualification” cert like you can obtain by passing an exam.

The certificate does have a QR code, which links back to your Codecademy profile, to allow anyone to whom you submit the certificate the ability to “validate” it… but that’s about as far as it goes. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Profile>View Certificate>Add to LinkedIn Profile>Copy the Link

3 Likes

Hey there,

am I the only one whose QR code on their certificate AND the link on LinkedIn leads only to the Log-In page of Codecademy? There it says: “You must be logged in to access this page. Please log in to continue.”

To my understanding, the whole point of validating a certificate is to show a third party who is not on Codecademy that you are legitimate. So doesn’t this “You must be logged in to access this page. Please log in to continue.” kind of jeopardize the whole idea?

Anyone else have these issues? Would be glad if this could be fixed, I kind of look like a fraud when I put these up on the internet, as it is. And receiving certificates was one of the main resaons I got a pro membership in the first place.

Thanks for your help!
S

Hi @solloway !

It sounds like you have your Codecademy profile set to private.

To change your profile’s visibility, go to codecademy.com, and click on your profile picture in the upper right corner.

Then click “Profile,” then under your profile photo click on “Edit profile.”

Scroll down to the Privacy category, and select “Everyone.”

Don’t forget to save your changes!

Hope that helps!

-Mariana
Community Manager

2 Likes