Wanderlust - step 32 and 36

Here’s the link to my project: https://www.codecademy.com/paths/web-development/tracks/webdev-intermediate-javascript/modules/intermediate-javascript-requests/projects/wanderlust
In step 32 and 36, the instruction tells me to return renderVenues(param) and renderForecast(param). They are both undefined, and that’s fine without return them.
I want to ask that why the instruction tells me to return them? Is there any seasons or it’s just boilerplate or Promise will work better?

Hi there.

That link takes each user to their own workspace; it doesn’t show us your code. For us to see your attempt, you can either use the “Share” button to have Codecademy create a Gist you can share:
…or, you can use the information in this post and put the code directly into your topic here on the forums. :slight_smile:

If you’ve got to those steps, both renderVenues() and renderForecast() should be defined functions in your code and take parameters of venues and forecast respectively.

In this instance, I don’t think it’s necessarily required to return the call to renderVenues() - because neither renderVenues() nor renderForecast() have return values of their own… but if you were working with a longer chain of Promises then this might be useful boilerplate.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.