Wanderlust Project: Cookie management, SameSite=none and Secure

Hi!
I am working on tasks 13 and above of Project Wanderlust (JS Requests).
When I check the console, as per the tasks prompt, I get the following message:

A cookie associated with a cross-site resource at <URL> was set without the `SameSite` attribute. It has been blocked, as Chrome now only delivers cookies with cross-site requests if they are set with `SameSite=None` and `Secure`. You can review cookies in developer tools under Application>Storage>Cookies and see more details at <URL> and <URL>.

I have no idea where to set those parameters. Just saw myself going over forums with tens of tabs open trying to make sense of it. :frowning:

How can I fix that and get through this project?

Hey there.

I’m not 100% certain, but I don’t think those cookies are anything to do with the code you’re writing in the project.

I think it’s more likely they’re cookies being set by the APIs you’re calling. As such, you can probably ignore that particular error on this occasion. :slight_smile:

Hey! :slight_smile:
Thanks for the quick response. Aah, I’m sorry I made this a new topic. My code had other mistakes I missed and assumed it was thanks to that. I went through the whole thing again checking all hints and realized I was indeed getting the errors in the console log. I guess I learned from the mistake…
Thanks a lot for the support! Have a great weekend.

1 Like

No problemo. :slight_smile:

I’d say you shouldn’t apologise for asking a question. :+1:

And you. Stay safe, and keep coding! :smiley:

Hello,
I am having the same problem with the Wanderlust project - I get this message when I try to check the response I am getting in the console:

A cookie associated with a cross-site resource at <URL> was set without the `SameSite` attribute. A future release of Chrome will only deliver cookies with cross-site requests if they are set with `SameSite=None` and `Secure`. You can review cookies in developer tools under Application>Storage>Cookies and see more details at <URL> and <URL>.

I have checked my code against the solution code and I think it is in order - however this problem means I can’t work through the exercise checking responses.
Is there anything I can do about it?