Wanderlust -- API changed

Hi guys,

I am having problems with solving this exercise. No matter what I do, keep getting errors in my console. After few hours I discovered that the API documentations has been changed (Venues) and that the link provided in the exercise (https://api.foursquare.com/v2/venues/explore?near=) is not working anymore. My code is exactly the same as the solution code from the hints. The exercise need to be updated.

Thanks

1 Like

Yeah unfortunately the project is not completable with the current instructions (at least not without digging around the API docs a bit) however Codecademy is in the process of releasing an updated version on the v3 API. It should be releasing on the 12th January so I would suggest skipping the project until then and coming back to it.

-Lyall

2 Likes

Alternatively, one could seize the opportunity to learn and make an attempt to complete the project anyway.

Wanderlust is towards the end of the track, if I remember correctly, and being able to read and comprehend documentation is an essential skill for any developer so why wait?

I think it was Benjamin Franklin who said

Don’t put off until tomorrow what you can do today.

No better time to start getting to grips with the docs!

3 Likes