Visual Studios Auto Complete

Hello, when I try to use my text editor (Visual Studio), it has this auto complete turn on which some times makes mistakes and I was wondering if anyone knows how to turn this feature off? Or now how to edit the feature where I can have more flexibility when writing my code.

Hi there, welcome to the forums.

Are you using the full Visual Studio IDE, or the Visual Studio Code editor?

Full Visual Studio

If you’re using the full version of Visual Studio, then I think what you’re referring to is the Intellisense feature.

You can adjust this by going to Tools > Options > Text editor > [Language] > Intellisense and changing the settings there.

Note: [Language] is a placeholder; if you want to change the settings for C# then the options are in Tools > Options > Text editor > C# > Intellisense.

Visual Studio Code

You can adjust how Visual Studio Code makes suggestions by going to File > Preferences > Settings > Text editor. The options there control things like whether the editor automatically inserts braces, or whether it suggests what you might be looking for based on what you’ve typed.

I think those are the most likely things to be what you’re looking for. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow! Thanks so much, I really appreciate it.