Group projects are one of the most useful things you can do with learning to code, and a key experience to help you to bridge the gap to coding professionally on teams. But how to actually work on a group project is a more complex question than it may seem. In this 8-minute video, Stephanie shares some tips on how to get started.
- Scope out your project requirements
- Establish expectations, time commitments, and roles
- Use a development methodology to organize work
- Set recurring meetings and task deadlines
- Code reviews are great learning opportunities
- Be there for your teammates
- Tools will help you team develop and communicate