== versus ===

I learned Python before JavaScript, so I instinctively typed == instead of === on the third operation. It worked. What I want to know is whats the difference between == and ===

Hello There @dbprojectcomcast.net. So what your comparing here is

The strict equality operator VS The lenient equality operator

Strict Equality Operator(===)

The strict equality operator is basically have to have the same value type... So it basically checks if the types are same AND They have the same value...
So...

if(43==='Something'){

}
else{
console.log("Not Equal")
}

Thats basically gonna log Not Equal. Because its not the same data-types... And it also checks if it is the same value after checking it has the same data-type
So...

if(5===5){
console.log("Good")
}

So the above code is gonna log Good. Because it is the same data-type and actual value...

Lenient equality operator(==)

Basically the same as the strict equality operator but it dosent check for the data-types of the two values bieng compared. And that is likely to give you some unexpected results....

Conclusion/Recomendation

Your use from == and === depends upon your needs in your program. Thats for you to decide. If you want to learn more go here.

What is wrong with this code? Everytime I run it, the debugger says:Oops! try again, tryDid you remember to put in the 'yes' answer option
What is wrong with this code? Everytime I run it, the debugger says:Oops! try again, tryDid you remember to put in the 'yes' answer option
7: search for a friend (question on why it works)

Whoa. Can you help me with if/else statements?

What exactly is your problem @boobear87 ?

All of if/else. How exactly do you type it?

If-else syntax is as follows:

if (condition) {
//Statements
}
else {
//Statements
}

Thank you, but what about the second "else"?

Do you mean an else-if?

if (condition) {
//Statements
}
else if (condition) {
//Statements
}
else {
//Statements
}

yes thank you very much.