Using sublime text for the first time

Hello, I am using sublime text for the first time and trying to look at a csv file but i cannot see all the columns if someone could help me i would really appreciate

@object0210195723,

I’ve never used Sublime before, so I don’t know if this is editor-specific (I think Pandas usually shows more than just two columns… it might be due to how wide those columns are with max_colwidth set to None) but try setting display.max_columns to None as well.

In the instructions it states this:

" In order to disply the full contents of a column, we’ve added this line of code to the top of your file:

pd.set_option('display.max_colwidth', -1)

I think that is the issue(?)

I tried that before but it did not work thank you though for your response! I actually ended u figuring out that
pd.set_option(‘display.max_columns’, None) worked

Thank you it ended up working out! If you don’t mind I also have another question. I am trying to take out the dollar sign in the value column and turn it into numerical values without success

It looks like you are assuming all the values in that column are strings, but at least one of them is a None. You can’t do string operations on None.

1 Like

thank you so much!! Now it works xD

I figured I would include it here instead of starting a new post but another issue I am finding in my code is I don’t really understand how to use str.strip() even though i’ve looked at resources online. I noticed that some of the questions and answers have too much whitespae and I want to tidy the database by ereasing that. Thank you!

Thank you guys for all your help I really like this community :))) I progressed some more in my code and have another question. How come even after I’ve dropped the duplicates it still says I have duplicates? shouldn’t say 0?