Using Notepad++ similar to the code academy setup

Hey, I am trying to branch out of just the regular code academy courses, I am trying to use notepad and I have to launch and save the code each time to get it to show differently in my window. I like to run my code a lot and this is becoming a problem. Is there an easy way similar to code academy where I can just click a button and the output on my window refreshes?
I rambled here, but i can send screenshots and such on what i mean if someone is willing to help me out. THANK YOU if you read this and thanks for the help in advance.

What steps are you trying to get rid of? I usually repeat last command in a terminal to re-run something, that's 4-5 key strokes, not very much to get rid of.

If it's web development then you might be looking for something that monitors your files for updates and tells your browser to refresh (google livereload)

You can probably set up a run command (per-language) in np++, that's something you'd google if that's what you're looking for

For testing really small things out you might want to use a REPL instead (read eval print loop) where you'd type things in to get immediately evaluated:

$ python
Python 3.5.2 (default, Nov  7 2016, 11:31:36)
[GCC 6.2.1 20160830] on linux
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import re
>>> re.split(r'(\W+)', 'example123@email.com')
['example123', '@', 'email', '.', 'com']
>>> 1 + 1
>>>

If you're doing front-end developement, the Brackets text editor has a great Live Preview feature:

Live Preview
Get a real-time connection to your browser. Make changes to CSS and HTML and you'll instantly see those changes on screen. Also see where your CSS selector is being applied in the browser by simply putting your cursor on it. It's the power of a code editor with the convenience of in-browser dev tools.

Hello,

I'd like to suggest Atom.io. It has a feature/package that you can install for live preview updating. This is a really nice text editor with a lot of features that you can add to it as needed to help you with your work flow. You can download it for free at Atom.io. It is available for Linux, Mac, and PC.

The Preview pane doesn't come installed by default, but its easy to grab and install. Simply go to settings in Atom and select "Packages" and then just search "Atom HTML Preview." Hit install and presto! (Shortcut= Ctrl-Shift-H)

Best wishes to you.

Cheerio!

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks! Do you know of any solutions for Sublime Text?

Only just started looking at Sublime Text so can't really advise you much at the moment. But the people behind the great Emmet plugin (http://emmet.io/) also have a very cool tool called "LiveStyle" which supports live CSS updating between Chrome and Sublime Text. You can find it here: http://livestyle.io

thanks man! slight_smile