What it means to us: You are one of the most knowledgeable and active forum participants and have been active in the forum continuously.
What it means to Discourse: Regulars are the most active readers and reliable contributors over long periods of time. Getting to level 3 is time and activity based, unlike the previous levels. In the last 100 days...
- must have visited at least 50% of days
- must have replied to at least 10 different topics
- of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 15% of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 15%, must have received 50 likes, and given 50 likes. (These likes must be across a minimum number of different users (1/5 the number), across a minimum number of different days (1/4 the number). Likes cannot be from PMs.)
- must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
- must not have been suspended
All of these must be true.
- Unlike other trust levels, you can lose trust level 3 status. If you dip below these requirements, whether from flagging or the passage of time, you will be demoted to Member. However, in order to avoid constant promotion/demotion situations, there is a 2-week grace period immediately after gaining Trust Level 3 during which you will not be demoted.
Users at trust level 3 can...
- recategorized and rename topics
- have all their links followed (we remove automatic nofollow163)
- spam flags cast on TL0 user posts immediately reach the action threshold
Our criteria for choosing Top Contributors may change over time as we learn what truly makes a Top Contributor “the tops.”