US Medical Cost Portfolio Project - A study in averages

This is the first project I have created for my portfolio. I didn’t find it too difficult. I have always had difficulty approaching open ended projects such as this so the most difficult part for me was deciding what my goals for the project were. I tried to focus on finding and comparing the averages between the overall data and the groups such as the regions present in the dataset.

I wanted to use functions to find the information to keep the code more legible and make finding everything easier. I stored all of the resulting information in dictionaries so that it can be easily accessed.

My project files can be found here. Overall this was really a fun project for me and I am excited for more in the future!