URGENT: Something has gone wrong error. PLEASE HELP!

Every time I click on the Learn and Catalogue seccion of codecademy nav bar it appears the Something has gone wrong error. I am unable to pick any course. I’ve reported the problem, but I would like to know if there is a solution for this problem

1 Like

Please take a look at this @albionsrefuge

1 Like

I have tried Refreshing the Page and clearing the browser cache.

1 Like

Can you confirm that you’re seeing the above on this page, too?

@danieloduffy

1 Like

Yes, I can confirm that

1 Like

I don’t know what the problem is :confused:

Does the problem occur when you use other browsers?

1 Like

Yes, I’ve tried them all (Edge, Firefox and Chrome), Also I’ve tried changing the computer.

1 Like

Hi @miguiliuser, I don’t think that I’ve seen this problem before. Are you able to create a second account for testing? Then we can see if the problem is limited to just your main account or if it is something about your environment.

2 Likes

Yes, if i create a second account I am able to do the courses again. However I want my account to work! I was finishing the course of “Learn the Watson API” which was the last course I had left to finish all courses. I

1 Like

That is an important bit of information @miguiliuser. Now we know that the problem lies with your main account rather than your browser or OS settings. We’ll need to get a staff member to have a look at this (@danieloduffy ?). It is a long holiday weekend in the US so it may be a while before anyone is available to look into this.

In your initial message about this you said that you had already reported the problem – do you remember where/how you did that?

1 Like

The screenshot I showed at the beggining is what I see when I click on catalog or learn, however if I scroll down I can see the “Something has gone wrong” wich recomends me “We’re sorry, we are working our best to fix this. In the mean time, have you tried following?
Refreshing this page.
Clearing your browser cache.” Wich I already did. And I already reported the problem.

1 Like

what’s your preferred language set to ? go to account settings to check.

Try: https://www.codecademy.com/en/learn/all

One more question if you go directly to a course example this does it work ?

1 Like

The account is in English, I tried both links and nothing

1 Like

PLEASE HELP ME! I need the error corrected.

1 Like

I will pass this on to the Community Manager(@danieloduffy )

1 Like

Thanks a lot! And sorry for the trouble

2 Likes

Hello Miguel, this is indeed a very strange issue, I don’t think that anyone here has seen anything like it before. It looks like you can access learning topics with your account if you jump directly to a URL (e.g. learn Sass), so if your concern is largely about making sure that you can continue to amass points and badges on the same profile, that is a potential albeit imperfect workaround. I’ve filed a ticket with our engineers to look into this but with yours as the only example of this sort of error, it is unclear when we may be able to pursue and implement a fix. At least you are able to access Codecademy through an alternate account! I’ll post again if and when we learn anything more.

1 Like

I have the same issue :expressionless:. It also happened to me when I finished my last course. I would like to go back through and relearn them on my profile, though.

1 Like

At least I am not the only one!

1 Like

Before this course I was thinking about upgrading to pro version of codecademy however after this error I guess I need to change to another platform.

1 Like