Unknown error in jQuery Setup lesson #6

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-jquery-introduction/lessons/jquery-setup/exercises/targeting-by-class
I am doing exactly what the first step mentions but I get a red X with no explanation.

My code:

$(document).ready(() => {
	$('.product-photo')
});

Note: I’ve been having issues like this with multiple lessons.
See: Unknown error when displaying all messages

This is a stab in the dark, but what happens if you change the TAB to 2 or 4 space characters?

1 Like

Nope! Same issue with both tabs and spaces.

Are you getting any SCT error message?

1 Like

Nope, just the red X.

What happens if you complete the second step?

$(document).ready(() => {
  $('.product-photo').show();
});
1 Like

Nah, no luck. I had tried that earlier.

Seems to me this problem surfaced a short time ago. Not sure what else to suggest other than the following list

different browser
clear cache
refresh and Run again
click Run until Get Code lets you advance.
1 Like

I tried clearing cache and then on a fresh browser. Same issue :confused:

You will be able to advance once you Get Code. It may take a few clicks of the Run button.

Please use the Report Issue form to notify the dev team of the issue. Give them a link to the lesson, and a description of the issue you are encountering. Thanks.

1 Like

Yeah I could use the “get code” button. I have encountered this bug in several different lessons recently so it’s aggravating to just give up and accept there’s a bug.
As for the “report a bug” button, it doesn’t even do anything for me when pressed so that’s a whole other issue on its own, hence why I’m posting on the forums.

I’ll move this over to Platform Problems so it stands a better chance of being noticed by the team. Sorry I cannot offer any other advice. Our hands are pretty muched tied on this side.

1 Like

I appreciate the help anyway!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.