Unable to visit my site

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file in /home/shashiclicks/public_html/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 576

Hope you have a backup of the page. You will need to fall back on it. If you are getting a white screen, then PHP has sent a 200 response with no generated HTML. All it takes is a missing semi-colon for this to happen. Welcome to the real world.

any idea…how can I fix this…

If you have the orginal source files, replace any that you’ve worked on with the originals. If that’s not possible, reupload the theme and or WordPress. Be sure you remember how it was configured before you start overwriting. You’ll need to go through that process again if you do a complete upload.

Beyond this, I haven’t configured a WordPress site in years, and would be hard pressed to help any further at this point.

@byterunner89612

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file in /home/shashiclicks/public_html/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 576

Check everything. Make sure that you close everything that you open, and that you have semi-colons (;) in all the right places.

If you didn’t write the theme yourself, @mtf is right - it would be much easier for you to reupload the theme or even use a different theme temporarily, than to try to find the problem in someone else’s code.

@byterunner89612,
You might do a google search
== discussions /opinions ==
php Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file in site:stackoverflow.com
and read some of the found article’s
to get a better idear of what cause’s the ouput of such an Error-message

1 Like