Unable to turn on vt-x in the bios

When you ask a question, don’t forget to include a link to the exercise or project you’re dealing with!

If you want to have the best chances of getting a useful answer quickly, make sure you follow our guidelines about how to ask a good question. That way you’ll be helping everyone – helping people to answer your question and helping others who are stuck to find the question and answer! :slight_smile:

I have a i5-4690K. The intel website says that it is vt-x capable. I have a Asus z97-a motherboard with the latest firmware installed. I can find the vt-d and enable it. But, when I get to android studio and try to run a virtual device from there, it keeps saying vt-x is disabled in the BIOS. I have tried running it with Hyper V on and off, still nothing.
I cannot find vt-x in the bios/eufi. Does anyone know how i can turn it on or if i can’t…

Can you post either a screenshot of, or the full text from, the error you’re getting from Android Studio please? :slight_smile:

Hey, I was acually able to figure it out. Asus calls it VMX in its bios and not vt-x. Everything’s working now, thanks!

1 Like