Unable to connect to Codecademy

Started going through the lesson in https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-html/lessons/intro-to-html/exercises/text-content-tags

Everything was fine, I switched to another window, came back and it has been unable to connect ever since.

Win 10, Chrome, AdBlock disabled for this site. Tried incognito mode in Chrome, tried Edge with the same result. Home Wifi network, nothing changed when that happened.

Thank you

2 Likes

Hey there @object0213321948 :grinning:

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time connecting.

Have you tried the steps recommended in the troubleshooting guide?

1 Like

I have tried these steps as well, there are others of us that are having this issue in the following thread as well:

https://discuss.codecademy.com/t/unable-to-connect-to-codecademy/44445/7

My post there details some of the steps I’ve taken to bring this to a resolution.

You are not the first I have seen today complaining of connection issues, My guess is it is maintenance or something similar being done on the server. I am waiting to hear back on this though.

In the mean time could you post a link to the exercises you can’t connect to?

1 Like

This is the lesson I was working on, before going idle and no longer being able to connect.

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/introduction-to-javascript/lessons/control-flow/exercises/if-statement

thanks!

1 Like

I’m having the same issue, getting the error “Unable to connect to codecademy” in the code editor. I’m specifically on the “Lean JavaScript” course (“Higher Order Functions” / 'Functions as Data" section).

Tried the above suggested steps and even logged into my account on a completely different laptop and still the same error message.

This is the section that’s giving me the error:

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/introduction-to-javascript/lessons/higher-order-functions/exercises/functions-as-data

Thanks in advance!

Since this is not an isolated incident, and y’all have tried the suggested steps, I will move this to the bug reporting section.

I will get back to you as soon as I hear from a Admininstrator or Moderator.

Thank y’all for reporting this.

2 Likes

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.

I will circle back sporadically to see if there has been some resolution.

1 Like

Hi all.

Can you please take a look at the following page from the Codecademy Help Centre:

As well as some troubleshooting steps, that page contains a list of the domains which the Learning Environment (LE) needs to be able to access to deliver the lessons and projects.

You should check that there are no issues accessing these domains, which you can do by opening your browser’s dev tools (F12, usually) and checking the Network tab for any requests which are returning an HTTP error code (e.g. 403, 404, 500…). If you’re getting an error code from any of the domains listed on that Help Center page, please let us know.

4 Likes

Just tried it and it works for me now.
Thank you!

1 Like

Appreciate the quick response, it’s great to see a community so on point with assisting others.

Before checking the domains for access errors, I reloaded my page and was able to connect.

Thanks @8-bitgaming and @thepitycoder hope you both have a great day.

3 Likes

Hello,

While re-working through Python 3’s Loops section, I found that I was unable to connect to Codecademy and therefore unable to edit the code editor. This is specifically for page 9/11, List Comprehensions. If I select Back, I am able to connect to the code editor in previous pages, as well as make edits and complete the page’s instructions. However, I am not able to complete page 9 and cannot advance to pages 10 and 11.

I have cleared all of my cookies, historical data, etc. in Chrome, closed and restarted Chrome, logged in and logged out, tried accessing through incognito mode, and tried accessing via Firefox. None of these attempts has enabled me to access the server to complete page 9.

1 Like

Hi

Same problem here.

I worked on the JavaScript classes lession. I just stopped for a few minutes. During this time my notebook was in the save energy mode. Now I get the error message: unable to connect to CodeCademy.

I tried to solve it by rebooting my notebook, clearing the cache of my browser and reseting my router. My connection is fine. I use Windows and Chrome.

1 Like

1 Like

Me too. I was working on the Introduction to Python - 13.

I am also having this issue with the JavaScript lessons after leaving my tab idle for ~5 minutes

I have tried a loading the lesson on a different browser, in private mode, clearing my cache/cookies, and loading the lesson on a different computer to no avail.

I was able to bring up another lesson/exercise fine with no connection issues.

MacOS Catalina 10.15.4
Firefox Developer Edition 78.0b9 (64-bit)

Any help would be appreciated!

Having problems on the Radio Button page in the HTML lesson

I am having the same issues with JavaScript intro. I already did a few sections and have already completed some of the HTML course sections with no problems. Now it doenst work and will not connect.

Please sort this out, as I need to finish the JavaScript intro ASAP.

This didnt work.

Cleared Cache/History
Browser is fine
Connection is great… I mean I am using it to post this
No adblock or proxy
No firewall issues.

This was working fine and mid lesson just stopped working, and simply will not connect. i highly doubt is an issue on my end. Please resolve ASAP

Please look at my previous post in this thread and make sure that none of the domains listed on that page are being blocked, and that there are no HTTP error codes being returned when you’re in the Learning Environment.