Unable to connect to Codecademy. Refresh the page to reconnect

The topics that are the same/similar have been closed. I followed the steps in " Connection Lost in Codecademy’s Learning Environment" without the expected result which was being connected to Codecademy. When I go to the prior page (“Back”) there is a connection, however when I click on “Next” there is no connection. Is there an option to resolve this issue without waiting for days or weeks to see if website will correct?
Thank you for any assistance with this issue,

Hello @ewhite7469,

Can you try closing and re-opening the browser session again?

For next time, include the link in your post so someone can easily check for you.

https://www.codecademy.com/paths/web-development/tracks/learn-html-web-dev-path/modules/learn-html-elements/lessons/intro-to-html/exercises/div-html
I have rebooted, followed the steps in Conncection Lost in Codecademy’s Learning Environment and still not connecting.
When “Back” is clicked on to the previous page there is a connection. I had the same results in Chrome and Firefox which are both current.
Thank you,

Has there been updated information on the issue of not being able to connect to Codecademy? I have been on Google and it seems this is a recurring issue. I have switched to using Chrome instead of Firefox with the same results. Also, went through the steps on the “Connection Lost in Codecademy’s Learning Environment” document again without issue being corrected. I reset Introduction to HTML (1 - 5) in hopes that when I reached 6 it would correct, which it did not.

Thank you,

Hmmm, I’m sorry this continues for you. @mattliv is this something you could look into for us?

1 Like

I think someone from Codecademy will help you out. I think others were able to access the page successfully. Sorry, I wasn’t able to help.

Still have problem till this day
I try to reload many time
waste for money for PRO

Go into “Get Unstuck” in the top right corner, and hit “Reset Exercise”. Has worked for me.

4 Likes

Yeah, this worked for me as well. Thank you nouserswork for your help! I really appreciate it!

It’s been happening to me several times in the last few days, didn’t try the reset so had to wait maybe 20 or 30 minutes each time. Like something crashed on the server end. Maybe some container or something I don’t know I’m just learning.
I believe (but couldn’t reproduce yet) it always happened when I was trying to see the get unstuck / code solution, while loading the diffing.

Edit to add I submitted a ticket.

I managed to reproduce it. As I said, happened during the diff loading.
Reset worked.

1 Like

i have the same problem constantly! This discourages me from continuing to take the course and makes me lose focus! and get worst when I have to reset my lesson during the 14 step of 25! That was what happened to me in the class section of javascript! I recently starts to do FreeCodeCamp lessons and some of leetcode and codesignal… if it keeps like this I will start to think about asking for a refund…

3 Likes

I have this issue as well. It exists on new modules as well as old modules.

I’ve found the same issue with the lessons and projects on the Kotlin course. Practice sessions and other courses still work, so it must be an issue specific to this course. Console output suggests that a same-origin check may be failing somewhere: