U.S. Medical Insurance Costs Project - Review

Hi everyone, I have finished my portfolio project on U.S Medical Insurance Costs. Please check it out and feel free to let me know what I can do to improve and further enhance the code. It was not too difficult. I spent one evening after work on this. Appreciate any feedback. Here is my repository: (GitHub - Robino84/Medical_insurance_costs: A portfolio project from Codecademy about US Medical insurance costs)

1 Like

Hi, your Project seems accurate and modular, I can learn from that a lot. Congratulations. Mine is similar to yours in a way at least for a while. Also, it is highly recommended to use Pandas and Matplotlib as well, they are very, very useful. If you are curious enough I can share with you what I have done. Maybe you can learn from that too. Here is mine. I hope you will like this: us_medical_project

1 Like

Hello and thank you for your feedback. After I did this project, I started to learn more about Pandas and Matplotlib. Very useful indeed. Anyway, I reviewed your code and noticed that the average cost for non-smokers seems to be incorrect. It says $8,253 in your file, but I believe it should be $8,434. Seems like you have divided the total cost of smokers with len(non_smokers).
Best Regards, Robin

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback. You are probably right. I have started recently using Pandas and filters as well which is a very useful and accurate tool. I have noticed now you are surely right, :smiley: the good result is 8.434.