Two New Community Themes (Including Dark Mode!)

Carrying on from the original community theme two new Community themes have been released! And one of them is a dark theme!

To swap your theme follow these instructions:

Changing Theme

To change your theme:

1. Click on your name:

2. Click preferences:

3. Click Interface:

4. Select Community Theme

5. Hit save

And that’s it!

Here are some screenshots of all three themes, please leave some feedback below. Would be great to know what you all think of the new dark theme!

There’s now also a circle toggle in the corner allowing you to swap between dark and light mdoes.

Community Theme Rebrand

Community Theme Rebrand (Dark Mode)

!

Community Theme (Original)

Codecademy Theme

And a massive thank you to @factoradic who helped with the original community theme!

15 Likes

Loving dark mode! Thank you @alex & @factoradic! :star_struck:

P.S. Just noticed the toggle button. :thumbsup:

6 Likes

Dark mode is amazing!

Thanks! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Dark mode is amazing. Now I will never leave so you have to put up with my bad bread jokes @alexc

6 Likes

Thanks guys :heart: it’s not perfect so if you spot anything that doesn’t look quite right just let me know. And share the link with anyone else you think would like it :grin:

And cheers @midlindner I’ve just added the toggle, figured it was easier for people than going to settings all the time. The original and rebrand community darkmodes are currently both the same. But I’ll eventually change it so the original dark mode has the same header etc.

Also I’m aware the toggle dissappears when you scroll down the page, I’m working on fixing that.

Update: the original theme dark mode is now different (sub-category list styling and community banner are different).

6 Likes

BIG fan of the toggle switch over here.

:wave:t2:

3 Likes

this is awesome, thank you so much :slight_smile: I love it! And second on the toggle switch, great idea.

2 Likes

Yes! It appears we have joined the dark side…

4 Likes

The new font looks awesome. Thanks @alexc

Indeed, we’ve joined the dark side @codeneutrino
LoL.

2 Likes

I’m really thankfull for the Dark Mode!
I have photophobia and can’t look at white screens for much time without getting a crazy headache hahah.

Really appreciated,
Caio.

2 Likes

Great to hear, I’m so glad people gave found it useful. Let me know if there are still any contrast issues that could be improved :grin:

For now it’s great! But I’ll let you know if I find something.

1 Like

I LOVE IT :heart::heart::heart:

…but, any idea if the LE (learning environment), and the dashboard will receive dark mode, and when they will?

:rofl::rofl::rofl: That made my day lol

2 Likes

I’m not sure if that’s on the horizon, @alyssavigil, any insights into this?

Don’t think it is on the horizon for CC, this was a community led effort by and for :grin:

3 Likes

Thank you @alexc! I like to keep my Dark Modes for coding but I love the Community Theme Rebranded.

2 Likes

How do you change it to dark background? I didn’t quite understand when he explained it.

Here, I’ll put it into steps:

1. Press your profile icon in the top right corner
  2. Select your name to the far left if you are on a PC (if you are on mobile, press the “person” icon to the far right)
  3. Select “Preferences”
  4. Next to the drop down box with “Preferences,” there should be a second box, in that box, you need to select “Interface”
  5. Look for the theme as you scroll down.

Oh, by the way, I’m on mobile so it’s not exactly the same as it would be if you are currently on a PC. Forgot to add that earlier

2 Likes

Can you see the screenshots that are at the top showing step by step how to change? :grin:

1 Like

Thanks so much! You guys were right, it makes it look like 50x times better.

2 Likes