Tutorial/Help for people stuck on Infinite Loops

<PLEASE USE THIS TEMPLATE TO HELP YOU CREATE A GREAT POST!>

<Below this line, add a link to the EXACT exercise that you are stuck at.>

<Below this line, in what way does your code behave incorrectly? Include ALL error messages.>
Hello everybody.

I was in this discussion forum today, and I’ve seen a post about an infinite loop.

I believe that person has fallen into an infinite loop.

These can be very nasty, and Î Know it because I have created one myself, by mistake.

Fortunately, I reacted quickly and it didn’t crash the browser or damage the computer.

So I have decided to create this in order to share possible solutions for this.

I 'm using a laptop with a Windows operating system and my browser is Firefox, so in your particular case (Yes, You, the person who is reading this!), you may need to do things differently.

When I have created, by accident, the infinite loop:

1-I disconnected the internet connection, to try to stop the browser from receiving or sending more information.

2-My browser, Firefox, after a few minutes, recognizes that the infinite loop is running “non-stop”, and it presents a message.
That message says that a script is running and it’s not responding.
In that some message, tree options are presented, wait, debbug and stop script.

VERY IMPORTANT: IF YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT BROWSER, OR A DIFFERENT VERSION OF FIREFOX,YOU MAY NEED TO DO SOMETHING ELSE, IN THAT CASE PLEASE INFORM YOURSELVES WITH AN EXPERT,

3- I click the option STOP and that stops the script.

4-VERY IMPORTANT: CORRECT THE LOOP, AND, ONLY AFTER IT HAS BEEN WELL CORRECTED, RUN THE CODE.

I hope this will help.

Please feel free to add comments with your experience and/or tricks.

Thank You.

```

Replace this line with your code.

<do not remove the three backticks above>

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.