Troubleshooting Guide

There are a number of things you can try if you are having trouble loading, viewing, or submitting exercises.

Reload the web page

This takes care of a majority of problems.

Check your Internet connection.

We recommend that you have a reasonably fast connection to the internet. Any broadband connection, like DSL or cable, should be sufficient.

If you are at work or school or using a shared wireless network, there may be a firewall or proxy that is interfering with your connection to Codecademy. You can read more about that here.

Check your web browser.

• Codecademy works best on an up-to-date browser. Please use to improve your experience. We recommend Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Trying your exercise in a different browser is a good troubleshooting strategy.
  • Check that all of your plugins are up-to-date too. Chrome, Firefox and Safari users can use this site to check the status of their plugins. You don't need to have Flash installed to use Codecademy.
  • Check your browser's extensions. Some extensions, like ad blockers and pop-up blockers, can affect your activities on Codecademy. Try disabling them one at a time. Once you find out which one is interfering, then you may be able to configure it to ignore Codecademy.
  • Clear your browser's cache and reload the web page. Instructions for clearing your cache: Chrome / Firefox
  • Check your zoom level. If you have zoomed in or out on your browser, then you may see glitches in some exercises. To get back to 100%, press Ctrl+0 (PC) or Cmd+0 (Mac).
  • Tablets and mobile phones are not fully supported. We recommend using a laptop or a desktop.

Tried all that and still not working?

To see if others are having the same problem as you are, check the **Q&A
Forum** for your exercise. Look for the link in the bottom left of the
exercise, or a button labeled "Get Help."

I have the same problem and reloading the webpage didn't help
Access issues
Why is it not accepting my code?
Why is my Run button is spinning endlessly and not passing the exercise?