Trouble Setting Up Sqlite

I am having a ton of trouble with opening sqlite in gitbash from the instructions listed in the Data Scientist curriculum. I followed it exactly and it does not seem to work. Seems to be incorrect. And the video isn’t helpful since he uses command line. Also if it matters when my dad and I built my computer years ago, he decided it would be best to partition the memory if that matters.

https://www.codecademy.com/paths/data-science/tracks/analyze-data-sql-go-off-platform/modules/analyze-data-sql-learn-off-platform/articles/what-is-sqlite

Hey @ethanwright904369191, and welcome to the forum.

There’s a quickstart guide for SQLite on their documentation, which may help.

Otherwise, it’s not very helpful to us to simply say “sqlite isn’t working”. If you can explain how it’s not working, for instance by sharing what you’re entering into the console and what (if any) error you’re getting back, then we may be able to help.

So on step 2 of the following is where I am having issues.

Setting Up SQLite

Binaries for SQLite can be installed at the SQLite Download page.

Windows

For Windows machines:

1. Download the sqlite-tools-win32-x86-3200100.zip file and unzip it.
  2. From your git-bash terminal, open the directory of the unzipped folder with cd ~/Downloads/sqlite-tools-win32-x86-3200100/sqlite-tools-win32-x86-3200100/ .
  3. Try running sqlite with the command winpty ./sqlite3.exe . If that command opens a sqlite> prompt, congratulations! You’ve installed SQLite.

It says not found in library. I know the sqlite has a newer version so I updated that, but it can’t seem to locate the file. Tried multiple combinations and moving the folder of the download. what does the cd~ part mean? And if my computer is partitioned will that effect this?

To run a program from a terminal, type the filepath to the executable file

This is like clicking on the file

the environment that comes bundled with git for windows is probably not where you want to do much of anything other than possibly run git, if even that. consider using wsl, msys2, or plain windows instead