Trouble installing Python & Miniconda

Hi everyone, I hope you can help me.

I am learning Python and halfway through the course, it was suggested to me to download Python on my own computer, so I tried to do so by following the instructions on this page:

https://www.codecademy.com/articles/install-python3

I followed the instructions to download Miniconda for Windows as outlined on this page. Then the instructions said: Once complete, we can check that Miniconda was installed correctly by opening a Command Prompt (CMD or PowerShell) and entering the command conda list. This will print a list of packages installed by Miniconda. I opened my command prompt (git bash, as I was recommended to install that before), and typed conda list. I got bash: conda: command not found as a response.

I did not know what I did wrong, but I figured that maybe I should have installed Python first (the instructions on whether or not I should have done so, had not been entirely clear to me). As such, I decided to follow the instructions to download Python for Windows. There the instructions ended with: Once complete, we can check that Python was installed correctly by opening a Command Prompt (CMD or PowerShell) and entering the command python --version . The latest Python 3.7 version number should print to the console. I entered this command and got back /c/Users/marti/AppData/Local/Microsoft/WindowsApps/python: Permission denied (‘marti’ is me).

I don’t know what goes wrong. Can anyone help me with this?