Tossing in an array help please!

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/javascript-beginner-en-3bmfN/0/5?curriculum_id=506324b3a7dffd00020bf661

Please help. I put this in and it says SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier. Can someone tell me whats wrong/ provide an answer? Thanks

var friends = {
    bill: {
        firstName: "Bill",
        lastName: "Gates",
        number: "(123) 456-7890"
         address: ['One Microsoft Way','Redmond','WA','98052']
        },
    steve: {
        firstName: "Steve",
        lastName: "Jobs",
        number: "(123) 456-7890"
        address: ['One Microsoft Way','Redmond' 'WA','98052']
    }
};.

Missing comma on both phone numbers.

You also add a period at the end of your object constructor just right after your ending curly brace.

Would be better if we let them discover that ONCE THE ERROR is raised. Slow down and give people a chance to respond before jumping in all willy nilly.

Ok, I'll try better to think before I speak :slight_smile: After all people aren't going to learn if you do things for them I suppose.

People learn all sorts of ways. But one thing most learners have in common, bite size. They cannot be given more than a bite size at a time. If we dole out too much they learn nothing. If we point out too many things at once, they get overwhelmed. Small doses, and leave some crumbs on the table for them to discover. Then, wait for them to engage. If they don't respond or engage then it's an abandoned topic. No point adding to it.

Hey just so u know i did see all of this when you sent it but thanks for responding. really.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.