Topic "Functions" looks like broken

Hi there,

Today I started learning the Functions but observe that instructions for all chapters have a green color instead of white (or red for mistakes) background color although I haven’t written code.
the problem is, the course with the features looks like I went through it, but that’s not true. Let’s say I follow your advice and ignore the green color on the instruction, but if I make a mistake, then the instruction is not colored red and no error messages appear. Because of this, I can’t figure out if I’m doing the jobs right or wrong.

Why does it happen? Please help me.

What exactly is the issue? That the lesson is already checked? Ignore that and complete the task, anyway.

the issue is, the course with the features looks like I went through it, but that’s not true. Let’s say I follow your advice and ignore the green color on the instruction, but if I make a mistake, then the instruction is not colored red and no error messages appear. Because of this, I can’t figure out if I’m doing the jobs right or wrong.

Write the code and run it with different values to see if you get the expected output and no error messages.

But it is not expected behavior from codecademy.com, do you agree with me?
This is inconvenient for users of the resource and I want to ask whether this problem will be solved.
I am afraid to face such a problem while taking other courses on this site.

Not expected, but not beyond the realm of possibility. What happens if you reset the lesson?

Unfortunately, nothing happened and the issue still observes.

Report the issue to CC using the Bug Reporting tool on that page.

As mentioned earlier, go ahead an complete the task. If you want someone to look at it when you’re done, post the code here.

I have exactly the same problem. And for me it’s also shown that I have 28% completed the “Taking a vacation” wich I haven’t even started yet.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.