Tips while starting to make my first project

hey, im new to coding but i am completely done with all the basics of C++ and now i was thinking of doing a project in C++ and besides this i was also learning Java from Codeacademy only.
Now i want to know since im not enrolled in any paid course tilll now how should i start off with coding after doing basics of C++

1. should i go on google or any other website and try some questions only?
  2. should i go and make somem projects like login system, car rental etc and other which are shown on google? If so i dnt know how to ,like start off with it, should i watch tutoriwls for projects and when im done with it then move to making my own??
  3. or what else???
1 Like

Hi,

It really depends what you want to do with C++. It is a very difficult language to learn (takes years) for a myriad of reasons, but I suggest investing in some books for it because of the complexity involved. Maybe also bookmark this page to have some idea of best practices: GitHub - cpp-best-practices/cppbestpractices: Collaborative Collection of C++ Best Practices. This online resource is part of Jason Turner's collection of C++ Best Practices resources. See README.md for more information.. There’s a lot of bad C++ out there and although it’s hard to avoid every mistake, it’s good to minimize them as much as possible.

Here’s a pretty good list of books for cpp: c++ faq - The Definitive C++ Book Guide and List - Stack Overflow

It may also help to study some computer organization to get a wider understanding of what the language is actually doing when you write in it. For me I think this improved my understanding of C++: Computer Organization and Design MIPS Edition: The Hardware/Software Interface (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Architecture and Design): Patterson, David A., Hennessy, John L.: 0884689822289: Amazon.com: Books

Finally, if you have some specific area of interest (like machine learning, or game engines), then there are specific C++ materials you can find on those particular topics that will help alongside the foundational material.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

thanks a lot for insightful ans :slight_smile: :slight_smile: