Thread Shed

[Learn Python 3 | Codecademy](https://www.codecademy.codaily_sales = \

Hello all, I really could use some advice here. I understand the general concept and can usually work through the issue but this one has me at a loss. I am iterating through a list of data and appending the new list DAILY_TRANSACTIONS_SPLIT.
The issue that I am running into is that the new list shows the first line of transactions over and over instead of just the first line followed by the second line of data and so on (CHECKPOINT #5). its line 1, then line 1 and line 2, then line 1, line 2 and line 3. How can I append the new list with only each line of data followed by the next line of data? The video walkthrough shows the exact same thing and this just does not seem right to me. I am trying to really comprehend this and any help or guidance would be awesome. Thank you and I look forward to your feedback.

I have a link to a picture of the output screen so that you can see what I’m looking at as well.

#------------------------------------------------

Start coding below!

#checkpoint 2
daily_sales_replaced = daily_sales.replace(‘;,;’, ‘:’)
#print(daily_sales_replaced)

#checkpoint 3 and 4
daily_transactions =
daily_transactions = daily_sales_replaced.split(‘,’)
#print(daily_transactions)

#checkpoint 5
daily_transactions_split =
for transaction in daily_transactions:
daily_transactions_split.append(transaction.split(‘:’))
print(daily_transactions_split)

m/courses/learn-python-3/projects/thread-shed)

A couple things first…
It’s hard to tell b/c your code isn’t formatted. Please see:

Also, did you happen to find any previous answers from similar posts here via search? :mag:

See also:

1 Like

Acknowledge all, thanks. I have not found anything yet on the forums that would help me.

daily_transactions_split = []
for transaction in daily_transactions:
  daily_transactions_split.append(transaction.split(':'))
  print(daily_transactions_split)

This is the loop that is iterating through the list daily_transactions.

double check the indentation on your print() statement. Move it and see what happens.

1 Like

Are you kidding me right now?? That fixed the problem! Unbelievable