This runs differently in chrome vs codeacademy

It should print each name only once, right?

@aandrese,

++++ why second display of last Item
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It is the Javascript interpreter which is running in this course-environment,
it display's the last non-displayed action...

You will also encounter this, when you are doing a return-statement
as last action...
You could counter this by using a
console.log( " " ); as last statement....

In some sections of this course, the course-checker Display's data
this you could then identify by placing to EXTRA code-line's:
console.log( "== My End ==" );
console.log( "== All that is displayed now, is the course-checker ==" );

I tried your suggestion, putting console.log( " " ); as last statement, and it didn't work.

besides, I'm writing exactly what they're asking me to, and I can't get through this part, which is really frustrating because I know it's correct, and I'm 90% done with the javascript lessons, this is the only thing holding me back.

It says "Oops, try again. It looks like your list function isn't printing the right output."

@aandrese,
You created an Array containing 2 Objects

friends = [ { object1 }, { object2 } ];

I think they wanted

-1 Create an object called friends. Feel free to use either object literal notation or the object constructor.
-2 Add a few empty objects to your friends object. Make sure you add a friend named 'bill' and a friend named 'steve'.
-3 Give each of your friends a firstName, lastName, and number. The value for each of these should be a string (check the Hint if you need help). Make sure bill's first name is "Bill" and steve's first name is "Steve" (again, note the capitalization).
-4 Add an address property to each of your friends and set that property equal to an array value.
-5 Instructions

• -1. Create a function list that takes a single parameter.
  • -2. In the body of the function, write a for/in loop.
  • -3. In the loop, use console.log to print out the key. (For example, if you only have bill and steve as entries, list should just print out "bill" and "steve".)

@aandrese,

+++ friends list and search and for-in explained.
Look here for an explanation
object
function
for-in-loop
list-function
search-function
http://www.codecademy.com/forum_questions/545275fd8c1ccc8e3e000a23#comment-5457b12c9c4e9d87cb00003f