The defintion of a computer Science term in Online oxford english dictionary?

Can you tell me the defintion of the word run? I can’t find the defintion of run in computer science in the Online English dictionary that I am using. Here is the link to the Online English dictionary that I am using. https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=upJsXJ66NqSo1fAPrKmoyA0&q=run+defintion&oq=run+defintion&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i10l10.829.2902..3119...1.0..0.882.1534.2j4j6-1…0…1…gws-wiz…0i71j0j0i13.DQPnngQG-gk

Make sure you have a look at the online English dictionary and tell me which defintion of run is about Computer Science.

I just searched this on Google:

Source: Google Dictionary

1 Like

Click the arrow on the online English dictionary for more definitions of the word run. Do a screenshot of that Online English dictionary on one of the definitions of the word run that is about computer science.

2 Likes

There was none, but let search other places.

Can you please tell me if I have the right definition for the word run in computer programs. I am not sure if the definition I have is about computer programs or not.

Here is the definition of the word run in the online English dictionary that I am using.

be in or cause to be in operation; function or cause to function.

Using the definition I can say I have run the program but nothing happened. The car runs on unleaded fuel.

Is this the right definition of the word run in computer programs. Yes or no.

1 Like

Yes. That would be correct.