Make sure that the_flying_circus() returns True

def the_flying_circus():
if 3>5: # Start coding here!
# Don't forget to indent
# the code inside this block!
Return False
elif 2>3:
# Keep going here.
# You'll want to add the else statement, too!
Return False
else:
Return True
print the_flying_circus()

stupid code: I had capitalized Return.
Please, no snarky responses.

Make sure that the_flying_circus() returns True

def the_flying_circus():
if 1==1 and 2==1: # Start coding here!
# Don't forget to indent
# the code inside this block!
return False
elif 3==2 or 4==5:
# Keep going here.
# You'll want to add the else statement, too!
return False
else:
return True
print the_flying_circus()

Are you still having problems with your code or did that solve your issue entirely?

Problem solved. I understand the purpose is for me to learn how to code.
Looking at the community site, it seems as though there is a lot of blame the victim.
I have only made it this far and have struggled with the instructions many times.
People reach out in frustration only to get 'show me your code'. The users are not
asking for answers, they are asking for clarification of the instructions.
Look at the questions on the community site and there is the same question asked multiple times.
Is anyone tracking drop out rate, and drop out point?
How many users quit, not because the topic is too difficult, but the instructions are too poor?

well I realize you must be frustrated with whatever past help you have received or at the injustice you believe you have seen. But I think you are misunderstanding something. "Show me your code" is not an insult but the way you help people on this forum. Most people either just state they are confused or ask a question without showing their problem. Sure you can give advise on that but you can't fix something you can't see. When people post their full code and error, moderators, help deskers, and super users can work with that to help that person come to a solution for their problem. Also, most I think don't quit because they never start. They just dabble in it for a few days then never come back to it. As well as you have multiple questions on the same lesson because people tend to ask before they look into the archives of past questions to see an answer to their question. Also you have those just looking for a solution to pass the lesson not learn anything. Those are just looking for a person to just hand them the answer. You have also on been on the site for a day? A day is not long enough to judge anything that you are participating in. Give it a month and then start complaining. So don't be so quick to judge or be critical I would suggest! :thumbsup:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.